504 wiper parking

kiwia110

Fellow Frogger
I have finally got the wipers working nicely on my 504 ute (pickup here in the UK). However, it parks about 45 degrees up the screen.
Yes I did make sure the arms have full travel, ie they do go almost to the bottom of the screen on full sweep. Being an 82 it has the intermittent wipe as standard, that works too, just the park issue.

I had similar issues on my 404 when fitting it back, if the 504 setup is similar to the 404 than you can try removing the motor without turning the gear on it. turn the gear attached to the body of car till wiper blades reaches almost two inches from base of screen.slot the motor back in.

Last edited:
I had similar issues on my 404 when fitting it back, if the 504 setup is similar to the 404 than you can try removing the motor without turning the gear on it. turn the gear attached to the body of car till wiper blades reaches almost two inches from base of screen.slot the motor back in.
Thanks for the thought, but that won't work given the way it's put together.

504 ute rh side.JPG504 ute LH side.JPG
Here are a couple of pics as per the ebay UK listing.

40 odd years since I played with 504 wipers but I seem to recall that the secret of positioning the wipers involved getting that rubber thingy in the right place through trial and error and luck!

40 odd years since I played with 504 wipers but I seem to recall that the secret of positioning the wipers involved getting that rubber thingy in the right place through trial and error and luck!

thanks Neil, this one doesn't have "that rubber thingy", it does have a plastic bit that fits in the fork on the spindle.