504 Ute Kenya

leothepug

Fellow Frogger
Has anyone ever got a 504 Ute from Kenya or other East African sources?
They're RHD and we're built until 2002-4?

I'd be most interested as that's only 20 years old. The build quality would have to be assessed as that's an area l suspect could be a weakness

They were built from CKD kits so the basic component quality would be the same as Peugeots built elsewhere.
The difference (if any) would have been in the actual assembly.
I think with 20 plus years under their belts, there would most likely be greater concerns present now with the vehicles (beyond how they were initially put together)?
It's a shame Nigeria went LHD, they assembled way more Peugeots than Kenya did.🤷‍♂️

Has anyone ever got a 504 Ute from Kenya or other East African sources?
They're RHD and we're built until 2002-4?

I'd be most interested as that's only 20 years old. The build quality would have to be assessed as that's an area l suspect could be a weakness
If you get one, make sure it never was near Coast Province. We lived there once - rust heaven.

I’d be looking in the uk- France. Kenya they’ve all had a hard life and there base model ones. GL was the best with a 5speed and lsd. Only England and France got led to believe.

I’ve thought the same thing. Ive spoke to a bloke over there who wrecks and owns 504/505s occasionally,.
he said importation very hard as why I haven’t imported a few parts. I’d say any car would be not worth the price to import and pay someone to clean it too import regulations from Kenya.

I could pass his WhatsApp number if you like via pm.

All I can say aswell, a lot of our 504/505s got sent to all over the world to fix taxis. Cars got joint at roofs and also cut in half. There car is there taxi license. If that car dies then no more work. Don’t buy any thing unless you see it with your own eyes.

I could pass his WhatsApp number if you like via pm.