504 TI project.

Kenyafrog

Tadpole
Trak Yellow 504 TI is now registered. Has a wheel balance problem and a heater on/off valve problem.
Gradually getting the wheel balance problem fixed. Still need to have good look at the front strut ball joints to see if the shakes originate in that area.
Does anyone know where I can get a secondhand heater from in Vic??

You probably dont need a heater ,but the on/off control which is much easier to change. You need to flush the heater with a hose when the valve is open to get the best from it. If you need any thing from Pugwreck try ringing Hayden on 97207521 and leave a message and he will call back. Anything you order can be sent by mail

You probably dont need a heater ,but the on/off control which is much easier to change. You need to flush the heater with a hose when the valve is open to get the best from it. If you need any thing from Pugwreck try ringing Hayden on 97207521 and leave a message and he will call back. Anything you order can be sent by mail
Thank you, Julian. I will try that when I have some time in hand. I assume the heater has to come out of the car, The control cable is broken at the dashboard end. I will need a new one. I read somewhere long ago that there are some Ford control cables that fit or can be adapted to fit... is that so? I will ring Hayden when I am ready to start on looking at the heater, if I can't free things up.

The cables were a source of rattles so make sure it's greased internally. We used to lightly wrap with foam at contact points. The Peugeot heaters have very fine pipes. Flushing them sometimes doesn't work. They really need a good caustic bath (take the tap off) and ultimately unsoldering if it doesn't work. I had a lot of trouble bringing them back up to performance. Run some hot water from your tap through it and feel if it's heating up enough and evenly. The copper coil thermostat that was an early attempt at auto temperature control never worked properly so don't worry about it. The other cause of poor heater performance is the foam sealing around the core in the box. They were a good heater for the time and you could drive through snow in shirtsleeves.

If you are Brunswick way Sim's Motors , 1 Prentice Ave .Joe is the owner,I have known all of the owners since 1967.
Got the good gear.Know their stuff.
Cheers.