504 suspension settings

Negative camber struts came out on the later STis (1984) here in Australia. Then the series 2 GTis had the same camber but the offset springs as well. Early 505 struts were the same as late 504. If you use LCAs from a late 504 (these have the screw on balljoint) you can fit the negative camber struts to a 504, if you use the 505 arms then you will then have too much negative camber. Other wise fit early 505 arms (with the rebuildable ball joint) to a 504 with 504 struts, this will give you about the same about of negative camber as the late struts with 504 arms.

Thanks a lot.
I bought the struts without knowing which type of car they came from, all I was told is that they come from a late model.
My car being 1982 (so very late model) has the later LCA by default which allowed me to fit the struts without hassle and I also have the 27 mm V6 ARB.
I don't know if by luck I got the negative camber struts, or it any late 505 strut with my LCAs would give negative camber, but I am very very happy with the result thank God.
I cut a tiny bit of the spring. The car still sits relatively high but handling is better than ever.

Thank you for the replies, and please pardon my lack of response, I don't get to access this site too often. I accept all the suggestions offered thus far, and they make perfectly good sense.
I am trying to determine certain parameters of suspension location / movement in order to determine roll slope, centre of mass (yes, theoretical, I know), roll moment and mass transfer.
So, to go back to my original post, is there available stats relating to
Front:

Height of inner LCA bush pivot, how far from vehicle centre line is that pivot point, height of centre of front lower ball joint, how far from centre line is that pivot point, height of strut tops, how far from centre line is the centre of the strut top . . .

The anti-roll bar dimensions and shape and where it mounts

Rear:

Height of every trailing arm pivot point and their relative distances from each other and from vehicle centre line.

This might be a big ask, but I am hopeful of coming up with figures to enable me to calculate a set up that is comfortable on everyday crappy Australian roads. Not to race, not to rally, simply to just enjoy a nice comfortable ride to a special picnic ground, that may be slightly off road if you know what I mean.

The idea is to get my, recently purchased, 73 504 to a condition where the whole family can love it's ride and enjoy driving it. By whole family I mean myself of course, spouse who allowed me to buy it as it was made in the year of her birth, pus 2 daughters, who, if things work out, I could then build similar cars for them - they already think this one is just great.

This might be a big ask, but I am hopeful of coming up with figures to enable me to calculate a set up that is comfortable on everyday crappy Australian roads. Not to race, not to rally, simply to just enjoy a nice comfortable ride to a special picnic ground, that may be slightly off road if you know what I mean.

You're over thinking it. Peugeot have already done this thinking for you in the form of the 1984 505 Turbo, STI and GTI (which won the USA SCCA championship in stock configuration). The suggestions I outlined above will get you as close to those specs as possible. It's a VERY impressive suspension set-up when paired with modern tyre compounds.

comfortable on everyday crappy Australian roads. Not to race, not to rally, simply to just enjoy a nice comfortable ride to a special picnic ground, that may be slightly off road if you know what I mean.
The 505 turbo/GTI spring rates are also relatively comfortable so long as you don't go smaller than a 205/60, 195/65 or 195/70 cross section, but for ultimate dirt road comfort use early STI springs which are more like 80lb/in front and 220 lbs/in rear and combine them with the best 195/70 14 inch tyre you can find (getting harder to find these days).

I get the impression you've never driven a 505 STI or GTI and are unaware of how favourably this suspension set-up compares to modern cars, because if you had, you would not be trying to re-calculate everything from scratch.

Height of inner LCA bush pivot, how far from vehicle centre line is that pivot point, height of centre of front lower ball joint, how far from centre line is that pivot point, height of strut tops, how far from centre line is the centre of the strut top . . .
If you really must go down this path. Get somebody to measure their 505 GTI. Calculate the roll centre. Then measure your 504. Then work out what height it needs to be to replicate the 505 GTI roll centre. Use the early STI spring rates which I suggested above. To achieve the desired roll centre I'm willing to bet that the overall spring height will be about 25-40mm lower than the STI total spring height.