504 running and cheap

dimistyle

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger

Another 504 out of its shed for sale in Brisbane

I just saw this on FB

Under battery power?? Starter motor perhaps? Looks too good to be true but need more photos. Leather interior? Colour is right for an imported car with the leather.

Looks rough and could be a real mess, but you never know. Couldn't go wrong for $500.00.

Looks to be a normal aussie car but the dash top is uncracked and interior looks ok albeit the drivers seat has been well worn as per normal though

An uncracked dash could mean it hasn't spent years out in the sun.

Looks to be a normal aussie car but the dash top is uncracked and interior looks ok albeit the drivers seat has been well worn as per normal though
Yes, normal Vinyl seats. I've offered to buy it, sent message, the other contact detail is hidden for me.

Yes, normal Vinyl seats. I've offered to buy it, sent message, the other contact detail is hidden for me.
Graham, as it's just up the road near Sunny Coast Airport, if you make contact and need someone to do a quick reccy I can go and check over the weekend. PM me

Graham, as it's just up the road near Sunny Coast Airport, if you make contact and need someone to do a quick reccy I can go and check over the weekend. PM me
Shipping is $1000, only $600 depot to depot but probably not doable, I reckon $1500 all up is worthwhile given prices these days. Just need to contact the guy, he didn't answer my FB message and can't read the contact details in the ad (hidden).

Would be gone by then I'd say but thanks.

Meh....it's just a bog-standard 1975 504 with baby poo brown plastic interior. That ain't leather. Probably got the slightly standard saggy rear end and slightly weak handbrake that '75 models had more than the rest.

Remember our member here named Shobbz ? His profile had the caption "a 1975 model rolling slowly backwards downhill near you" and I had one which did exactly the same.

If anyone here desperately wants the contact info, a white pages search of the guy's name comes up with

C Burlington​

4 Martins Dr Kuluin QLD 4558
(07) 5476 6935

Which is just next to Maroochydore and the only person in that area with that surname.
Battery power ? That Century battery looks very old. They don't make em with caps like that anymore, do they ?

It's got surface rust but I can't spot any under the sills or near the petrol cap...where they tend to go.

Last edited:
Ho w do you know where it is
Meh....it's just a bog-standard 1975 504 with baby poo brown plastic interior. That ain't leather. Probably got the slightly standard saggy rear end and slightly weak handbrake that '75 models had more than the rest.

Remember our member here named Shobbz ? His profile had the caption "a 1975 model rolling slowly backwards downhill near you" and I had one which did exactly the same.

If anyone here desperately wants the contact info, a white pages search of the guy's name comes up with

C Burlington​

4 Martins Dr Kuluin QLD 4558
(07) 5476 6935

Which is just next to Maroochydore and the only person in that area with that surname.
Battery power ? That Century battery looks very old. They don't make em with caps like that anymore, do they ?

It's got surface rust but I can't spot any under the sills or near the petrol cap...where they tend to go.
Yes, can't see any serious rust like every other cheap 504 has in abundance. Having a good interior is another plus. Anyhow don't need it so won't be chasing him more than the FB message.

My FB has his location as he's nearby I guess. Anyway let me know if you make contact and need some eyes

My FB has his location as he's nearby I guess. Anyway let me know if you make contact and need some eyes
Sorry, didn't mean to send that line, yes I did see it in the ad. No reply so looks like I won't be getting it.

I'll be working very close to the Sunny coast airport for a week starting Monday.... I will be taking my Defender...which has a towbar..

i'll make some calls....

I'll be working very close to the Sunny coast airport for a week starting Monday.... I will be taking my Defender...which has a towbar..

i'll make some calls....
That could be very helpful, depot to depot it is only $600 to Melbourne.