504 rear axle parts

John Maher

Tadpole
Tadpole
G'day, I am doing a bit of a search for a mate with a 504 wagon and having trouble finding a RHR axle retaining ring ( part no I think is 3326.10) and axle seal Part No. 3345.10
504 rear axle parts .png

John,
I have a bearing retaining ring for a 505 wagon. The ID is 40 mm. If it suits a 504 it's yours for cost of postage.

Norm.

John , if you don't take up the offer from Norm for a 40 mm retaining ring , the number you quote in your post is for the bearing , the retaining ring is part no 3334.17.
Whilst on this subject is anyone aware if the retaining ring is common for 403 , 404 etc ? I need 2 for late 403 axles.
Restorer

John , if you don't take up the offer from Norm for a 40 mm retaining ring , the number you quote in your post is for the bearing , the retaining ring is part no 3334.17.
Whilst on this subject is anyone aware if the retaining ring is common for 403 , 404 etc ? I need 2 for late 403 axles.
Restorer
You need to be specific because I cannot say this is universally the case with all 404 variants. Early and late 404 diffs are also quite different however with sedans, in my experience, the shrink ring is 35mm ID and there is a kit on ebay with bearings and seals or you can buy 35mm shrink rings at bearing suppliers however you need a lathe to machine these down to the width and OD to that of the original ring. I have personally done this.

Last edited:
You've circled the bearing, not the ring which is 3334 17. Pic is of a 404 axle though, the 504 wagon one would be bigger I'm sure.

You need to be specific because I cannot say this is universally the case with all 404 variants. Early and late 404 diffs are also quite different however with sedans, in my experience, the shrink ring is 35mm ID and there is a kit on ebay with bearings and seals or you can buy 35mm shrink rings at bearing suppliers however you need a lathe to machine these down to the width and OD to that of the original ring. I have personally done this.
Talking about a 504 axle Rob. Although the pic is of a 404 one.

Yes I was responding to the second bit of Restorers comment about 403 and 404 axles, I have not worked on a 504 wagon diff so was silent on that. Will tidy up my response. It wont let me edit it now though.