504 Oil Pressure Switch

geodon

Fellow Frogger
Road testing prior to RWC testing threw up an oil leak from the core of the oil pressure switch.

Also, judging from the abundance of gasket cement around the 23mm bolt to screw it in it's most likely past its use-by date.

They are freely available in Europe and cheap enough but apart from the 30+ Euro slug for freight I'm booked in for the RWC test the end of next week & I won't be able to get one in time.

Has anyone got a local source?

The dealer wants a VIN no. to search but I can't provide one as it's in my 404 ute. If someone can post a VIN no. for a 4 cylinder petrol 504 I can explore further. Actually, it's the same as the 205 switch so a VIN no. for a 205 may help too

Last edited:
You could try pugwreck in Bayswater I don't know why they ask for vin no when the engine no is the important one ,whatever car it is in .[the numbers are the same as in the vin of the original car the engine came from]

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware, all 504 oil pressure switches are the same, except for the diesel. The engine number is the same as the "VIN" number except for the prefix, e.g, 504 A 11. Also, the number stamped on the body is the engine number. One of my 504s is "504 A11 2368247". According to the 504 parts manual the part number of the oil pressure switch is 1131.04.

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware, all 504 oil pressure switches are the same, except for the diesel. The engine number is the same as the "VIN" number except for the prefix, e.g, 504 A 11. Also, the number stamped on the body is the engine number. One of my 504s is "504 A11 2368247". According to the 504 parts manual the part number of the oil pressure switch is 1131.04.
There should be a few floating around the traps here in Oz, somebody here is bound to have a loose one or two gathering dust. Oil pressure switch assembly (1131.04) is common to 203, 403, 404, 504 petrol motors. Sometimes these will develop a leak from the centre. Usually fixed by ever so gently nipping up the 7mm nut which is against a brass, then fibre washer on the body, then followed by the nut that holds No. 30 wire.

There should be a few floating around the traps here in Oz, somebody here is bound to have a loose one or two gathering dust. Oil pressure switch assembly (1131.04) is common to 203, 403, 404, 504 petrol motors. Sometimes these will develop a leak from the centre. Usually fixed by ever so gently nipping up the 7mm nut which is against a brass, then fibre washer on the body, then followed by the nut that holds No. 30 wire.

Right on the money!!

(And thanks to Col H for the suggestion) The stud was very sloppy. I managed to hold the end with fingers (I didn't want to damage the thread) & tightened the lower nut enough to expose enough thread to get 2 M4 nuts on the end. I used two spanners to lock them up then holding them with a 7mm spanner, I tightened the lower nut till it was firmly home.

The fibre washer didn't inspire confidence but I put a generous amount of copper gasket cement around it.

Start up showed no leaks.

I strongly recommend removing the battery to get good access