504 intérieur

harditk

Tadpole
In an attempt to restore dashboard. How do I remove the dash panel as circled in the picture? Thanks in advance!
Dashboard.JPG

Get a screwdriver under the topand bottom edges and pry out after lifting the dash top off

Yes, they are. Whatever method you use to get those clips off, be very careful not to break the plastic bits.

you will need to bend/open the two arms of the clips digging into plastic pins. if you have a 90degree expanding set of pointy nose pliers you could get the end of pliers in under clip jaws each side and pry open to release clip.

Dear all,
I purchased a very decent looking cluster with tachometer from US. Question is - how do I connect the tach? There are 3 connectors behind, all with black cables. Which one goes to positive supply, ground, and to the coil?

Attachments

• 20210611_112820.jpg
    20210611_112820.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 20210611_112745.jpg
    20210611_112745.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 88
It's not much help, but there are two types of tacho in a 504 and the one in your picture is the later type. The earlier version was connected via a wire to a spade terminal on the back of the tacho while the later version appears to be wired up via the circuit board.

Dear all,
I purchased a very decent looking cluster with tachometer from US. Question is - how do I connect the tach? There are 3 connectors behind, all with black cables. Which one goes to positive supply, ground, and to the coil?
I don't think the negative will be that hard to figure out. The 3 wires from the tachometer are bolted on the panel. Check the line that supply negative on the bulbs and other gauges. One of the 3 wires from the tachometer should be connected to that line. That's your ground supply.

As for the rest of the 2 wires (positive and -coil supplies), you can throw a coin and follow the head. Hehe! On a serious note, see if you can find positive supply first, using multimeter.

Lion-King Monk