504 GL auto drama.

One of those set the record for fuel economy in a production car a few years ago.....Melbourne to Rockhampton on one tank.....1233 miles / 1980 Ks. :eek:

I thought it best I keep those who've been following my 504 drama up to date.
As you probably know it has gone to a new caretaker who over the weeks has been beavering away. With the engine out it was found that the flex plate bolts had loosened, elongating the bolt holes and showing evidence of fretting on both plate and converter.
The engine mounts had split asunder also. Not being clever after the event, the flexplate was one of my early thoughts and on obtaining video and audio evidence I was convinced. However I pursued the possibility of it being the timing chain and tensioner. Even with these replaced the noise persisted ! It was at this point that I gave up and sold the car.
If I had respected and acted on advice from well meaning Froggies And had it been physically possible I would have found the problem earlier.
I can at this stage put the cause of the loosened plate and broken engine mounts down to the car "bolting" when the accelerator pedal got stuck. The former owner poo - poo's my theory but we will see.
The new owner is carrying on with investigations and will keep me up to date. At the moment he is attempting to source a drive plate.
Also he is wanting to know the colour code. To me it is Arctic White to give anyone a hint or maybe suggest a variation ?

I thought it best I keep those who've been following my 504 drama up to date.
As you probably know it has gone to a new caretaker who over the weeks has been beavering away. With the engine out it was found that the flex plate bolts had loosened, elongating the bolt holes and showing evidence of fretting on both plate and converter.
The engine mounts had split asunder also. Not being clever after the event, the flexplate was one of my early thoughts and on obtaining video and audio evidence I was convinced. However I pursued the possibility of it being the timing chain and tensioner. Even with these replaced the noise persisted ! It was at this point that I gave up and sold the car.
If I had respected and acted on advice from well meaning Froggies And had it been physically possible I would have found the problem earlier.
I can at this stage put the cause of the loosened plate and broken engine mounts down to the car "bolting" when the accelerator pedal got stuck. The former owner poo - poo's my theory but we will see.
The new owner is carrying on with investigations and will keep me up to date. At the moment he is attempting to source a drive plate.
Also he is wanting to know the colour code. To me it is Arctic White to give anyone a hint or maybe suggest a variation ?

504 white is either Alpine White or Ghostgum.