504 gear linkage popping

I did a 505 selector ball n socket with two cable ties in a figure 8. I drove it for 3 years like. I sold the car and about 3 years later l saw it at Lismore airport. So l hopped under the car and felt the union and it was still good. The even newer owner saw me and l told him that l owned the car years before and the repair l did. He said he had it about a year and there was no issue selecting. He said that was after sales  service like he hadn't experienced before!

I did a 505 selector ball n socket with two cable ties in a figure 8. I drove it for 3 years like. I sold the car and about 3 years later l saw it at Lismore airport. So l hopped under the car and felt the union and it was still good. The even newer owner saw me and l told him that l owned the car years before and the repair l did. He said he had it about a year and there was no issue selecting. He said that was after sales  service like he hadn't experienced before!
Cable ties suffer from ultra-violet light break down, steel coat hangers don't! :)

Mercedes use nylon balls such as what's being discussed? in their accelerator linkage arrangement.
I remember doing them on a 1981 500SL I rebuilt years ago.