504 Flooded Spa Bath

egalitarian

Tadpole
Tadpole
Not quite but after the 50mm of rain in Melbourne overnight, I noticed 2 little puddles of water in the front left and right footwells (now I know where the 'well' part of the term comes from) luckily the majority was retained within the rubber mats, are there any common sources for water entry ? Seems to be adjacent to the front edge of the doors. There was a tiny bit of water in the boot too, I'm assuming this would be because of the rubber mould, correct ?

first I would check front door seals around bottom of A pillar,bottom corners of windscreen seal.then check plenum chamber drain pipe at centre of firewall just above gearbox.also check under dash both sides above fuse box on r/h side and above parcel shelf below glovebox for any rusted areas below front screen outer edges/A pillars.(common rust areas) ……jim

This may or may not be relevant, but my similar vinatage renault had skinned rubber or neoprene door seals.
Over time the skin had broken down allowing water to wick into the seal, and with a combination of gravity and capillary action the water would leak into the car.

Simple solution was to saturate the seal with scotchguard.
In the time I owned the car I didn't notice any further degredation of the seal from using the scotchguard.