504 exteriour

harditk

Tadpole
Dear experts,

I need the rear right windows scrapper. I have the old one but rubber has already deteriorated.

Aside of getting new, which is not easily available, is there a way to change the rubber insert only? It seems the rubber was pressed to the trim by the factory, not easy to take out.
Part# 9312.14 I believe.

Many thanks in advance! I may have more questions regarding exterior bits so I am thinking to consolidate all my questions here..

03a6101a-e61d-40b2-ac3a-d75f5503f01e.jpg

Last edited:
Try Serie04 for the rubber. There are also plastic clips that hold the chrome piece to the door that are bound to break when you pry (very gently) the strip up from the door, so buy these as well.

it takes a lot of finger strength to remove old hard rubber from the strip. Patience otherwise you will bend the strip.

good luck

Try Serie04 for the rubber. There are also plastic clips that hold the chrome piece to the door that are bound to break when you pry (very gently) the strip up from the door, so buy these as well.

it takes a lot of finger strength to remove old hard rubber from the strip. Patience otherwise you will bend the strip.

good luck
Yes Sir, I have contacted them. I've bought the entire chrome trim for left doors but apparently they are out of stock for right doors.
In addition I accidentally purchased a pair of rear chrome trim that apparently supposed to be for interior side.... (my originals are just black plastic trim for interior).
Now I'm thinking should I buy interior chrome trim for front doors as well.....

I need to install new door seal, but it seems like I need to remove plastic collars on door's edge first before I put on new seal?
How do I safely remove without breaking it?

Picture from Serie04
1612489476289.png

IF you are referring to the plastic clips, as per the link below, they are have alight bit of flex in themselves. You can gently lift up the existing/old chrome strip and the plastic clips tend to stay in position on the door.

Do the reverse when re-installing - place plastic clips in door first then place down the chrome strip

https://www.serie04.com/fr/50493-coulisses-garnitures-de-portes-avant-et-arriere

Memory is fading but I seem to recall breaking the things in your picture when trying to remove them. After the first one broke, I think I drilled a small hole in the securing clips, and then screwed in a small screw and then pulled out the clip with a pair of pliers. Of course, you need to have replacement clips.

Seeing this post got me motivated to replace my rear window scrapers. I did the front about this time last year. Replacement rubber was purchased from Seri04.

So as per the pics...slowly/gently pry up the stainless steel strip. The fold in the door works out to be a great ledge for a small pry bar. The stainless steel strip is very soft so don't be surprised if it bends a little. But I think from your first post you have replacement strips with the rubber already inserted. Doesn't take much to straighten again using a flat surface and some gentle encouragement.

My plastic clips didn't break...they are 49 years old and never been touched since leaving the factory. As I said above, the plastic is a little flexible.

Putting the new strip on is easy and just taps into place. Not sure on yours if you need to cut the rubber to fit around the upfront between the winding window and the fixed quarter glass.

Attachments

• Rear door weather strip removal.jpg
    Rear door weather strip removal.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Plastic clip.jpg
    Plastic clip.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Clip on door.jpg
    Clip on door.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 94
I need to install new door seal, but it seems like I need to remove plastic collars on door's edge first before I put on new seal?
How do I safely remove without breaking it?

Picture from Serie04
View attachment 130021
As Peter c said you can lift plastic clips out by his method or I used a fine screwdriver or box cutter blade to lift up clips, just have to be patient and not exert excess force on clips.... jim