504 dream

Likely a Renault decision as Tombstones may not have complied...they fitted Renault seats after the Pug. Tombstones.In 89 a Peugeot France guy visited Heidelberg...WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THOSE RUBBISH SEATS IN THERE..GET THEM ...OUT.!!PUG SEATS AGAIN..

In 79 I would think?
I can't believe that they let Renault Australia fit Monroe rear shocks to the 504, also that horrible Borg Warner 35 auto.

My 1980 504 had seats similar to the 604. Great seats and I prefer them to all the other 504 seats - and I've owned a 504 from every year up to the 1980 model.

that horrible Borg Warner 35 auto.

You mean that auto gearbox which, when it changed gear, you felt like you were getting thumped in the back of the head with a piece of 4 X 2 ? :blackeye:

I fell in love with my 505 which had a ZF gearbox.

All i would say is watch is space (but come back at the start of 2021 ish to start watching).

i've got a few engines lined up to attempt this and plan on using a T5 manual from a ford, with a extension housing modification.

Mike

We have two threads covering ES9s in 504s. Got a dunger 406 V6 complete so will look at this myself now with the spare 504 V6.

There was also an Australian developed fully integrated unit for the dash of a 504 which featured 2 additional vents in the centre console. Sorry i can't remember the name of the system, but it was very neat. Cheers, Robin
The integrated system was made for Annand and Thompson in Brisbane. It has two lower vents below the radio and feeds cold air also through the original dashtop vents. - My '80 has this system. It can be a bit fiddly on the controls and it just ate its second temp control capillary tube. The 505 compressor mount is a bit tight for space with the 504 battery tray. My car has the 505 alloy sump with rigid compressor brackets (made for purpose) and a power steering pump on the upper alternator position. The alternator is on the lugs on the block bottom right, so I have only two belts where the 505 has three.

By cutting the radiator support panel it is possible to mount the condenser to the left leaving half the radiator exposed on the right, which helps the cooling a lot. A small fan can be put behind the condenser to the left of the radiator.

505 Gti uses the same front brakes as a late 504. The late 504s had the square port engine and solex carb with auto choke, but a lot have grown webers. Mine has a 5 speed out of a 505 GR but I didn't bother with the speedo drive grear and the Km/h speedo now reads MPH - checked against GPS. There are other threads on fixing the speedo drive with the 5 speed in a 504.

There was also an Australian developed fully integrated unit for the dash of a 504 which featured 2 additional vents in the centre console. Sorry i can't remember the name of the system, but it was very neat. Cheers, Robin
<br>
The integrated system was made for Annand and Thompson in Brisbane. It has two lower vents below the radio and feeds cold air also through the original dashtop vents.  - My '80 has this system. It can be a bit fiddly on the controls and it just ate its second temp control capillary tube. The 505 compressor mount is a bit tight for space with the 504 battery tray. My car has the 505 alloy sump with rigid compressor brackets (made for purpose) and a power steering pump on the upper alternator position. The alternator is on the lugs on the block bottom right, so I have only two belts where the 505 has three.<br><br>By cutting the radiator support panel it is possible to mount the condenser to the left leaving half the radiator exposed on the right, which helps the cooling a lot. A small fan can be put behind the condenser to the left of the radiator.<br><br>505 Gti uses the same front brakes as a late 504. The late 504s had the square port engine and solex carb with auto choke, but a lot have grown webers. Mine has a 5 speed out of a 505 GR but I didn't bother with the speedo drive grear and the Km/h speedo now reads MPH - checked against GPS. There are other threads on fixing the speedo drive with the 5 speed in a 504.<br><br><br>