504 Cab Car SOS

Peter C

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Don't know if this has been mentioned before but Car SOS tackled a 504 cab earlier this year. Tis' worth a look.

I couldn't get the link to work so search on Google. It is Series 7, episode 8 and I viewed it in Daily Motion.

It was a good watch, although they had a fairly low opinion of the sedans/wagons.

I had a good laugh at the guy being utterly perplexed by the spark plug springs though! :roflmao:

I think the sedan looks pleasing. At least they had some positive things to say which is almost unusual.

I havnt been able to work out how to watch this yet but from the photos i can see the car looks in reasonable condition . Maybe it has rust in floors and inner sills.

Thanks for that link. I've just watched it and agree a lot of hours must have gone into it .My cab had a similar resto in 1995 14 years before I bought it and it took a long time with lots of new panels[which were available then].There was no mention of floors which were also likely to be rusty

Have remarked on this previously. Why don't they degrease the parts before disassembly? There is nothing worse than crap falling into the works while separating parts ie getting into stud holes and oil ways. This was a common trait during my time working in the UK. It was referred to as 'negative work' ! Oh yes. it occurs out here in Aus as well.
Undoing head bolts while chasing the engine around the workshop floor! Try that on engines with 2-250 lb/sq " head bolt torque.
Do it before removing engine from car.
Just saying.