504 5 speed Ti Wagon

Projectpete

Fellow Frogger
Its time to part with my 504. Its a green 7 seater Hybrid 504/505 with 5 speed box and 505 seating. Rego is out and it needs a weld in the engine bay before it will pass (although I think it can be hidden)
It still drives beautifully and has been maintained by Bill at the Pug Club in ACT.
It still looks okay but has a scratch here and there. What it needs is a new enthusiastic owner. I've lost the energy to maintain it and will now look for a more modern vehicle.

$600 or Make me an offer

Pete 0428 381410

Projectpete:
I've lost the energy to maintain it and will now look for a more modern vehicle.
Don't be surprised if the "more modern vehicle" that you buy turns out to cost you even more time, energy and money to maintain.

Dave

You're probably right. However the rest of the family are SICK of the car. The kids are TOO embarrassed to get into it because someone might actually see them getting into an old car. Materialists! I think they want Stretch Limo! However, I'd like a car that ran on unleaded fuel. As the threat is ever present that the "super" will disappear.

Sounds like a great car. If it was a sedan I'd think about it. :)

Plus, you're down the road (I live on Creekborough Rd)!

Projectpete:
the rest of the family are SICK of the car. The kids are TOO embarrassed to get into it because someone might actually see them getting into an old car. .
Sounds like you should really be getting rid of the rest of the family rather than the car!

Using flash lube or fitting post-1981 505 exhaust valve seats will mean that unleaded fuel is fine.

Dave

Projectpete
[QB]You're probably right. However the rest of the family are SICK of the car. The kids are TOO embarrassed to get into it because someone might actually see them getting into an old car. Materialists! I think they want Stretch Limo! However, [QB]
i know the feeling
i wouldn't mind the car but i would get the same reaction
if you have some pics of the car like exterior, interior, engine bay, the crack you are talking about could you send them via email to me please
thank you

davemcbean:
Sounds like you should really be getting rid of the rest of the family rather than the car!

Using flash lube or fitting post-1981 505 exhaust valve seats will mean that unleaded fuel is fine.
I've had complete success with a Doring tin canister. A once-only cost and simply fit it into the fuel line before the injection pump... better than having to count on something you have to put into each tankful.

The present head lost 15 thou in 1700km or something... without the canister. Hasn't lost any since it was fitted.

Retire it?

All that's wrong with it is a bit of roo damage (who said that bull bars work?) and some scratches... oh, yeah, a wash would help, and maybe if I didn't have to carry half my worldly possessions and 300 litres of petrol all the time...

Actually, apart from a bit of front end looseness and a need to get the tuning right, it's in pretty good shape.

Hi Ray, as discussed the other day I may be interested in that engine.

Cheers

Jim