407 starting problem

Thanks for the replies fellas, just to be clear with the original starting problem it was intermittent and the car would usually start first thing and would then sometimes just click when you tried to restart it at what I assumed to be the solenoid sometimes. Try the key enough times and would usually start though this got gradually worse. Then one day around at a friends house it refused to start. Left it over night and started the next day. Couldn't trust it after that and decided to take it to the Peugeot dealer who diagnosed it as the starter and that it happened once the engine was hot. And yes now that the starter is changed had no problem. Hope this helps cheers Steve.

One thing I should mention is that it was great and easy dealing with EAI. Spoke to both the Melbourne and Sydney offices and both places asked for my VIN to make sure I got the right part with the blokes being friendly, interested and informative. After looking at the invoice it was cheaper than what they quoted me over the phone and like I said earlier it couldn't have got here any quicker as I ordered on Friday and it was delivered on Monday.

Only if it’s a v6

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time