407 Radio upgrade to 7" Android

boodek

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
I'm currently in the honeymoon phase with my new 407 HDi, and despite its luxury and general sense of sophistication, its age lets it down in the area of connectivity and touch-screen gadgets.

So, I bit the bullet and bought this: https://tinyurl.com/yc4gmbc2

It arrived quickly, and installation is pretty much plug-and-play. I'm hugely impressed with the outcome as it gives me GPS, reversing camera, Bluetooth phone and audio plus everything else you can do on an android phone/tablet. There are a few issues of course, for example the car's odometer has defaulted to miles instead of kilometres, plus a bit of lost functionality that would normally be available through the standard LCD screen. I'm sure there are workarounds and I look forward to making the unit integrate as best it can!

IMG_0177.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 449
Last edited:
Do you still maintain the steering wheel controls ?

and where do you get the updated maps from ?

Cheers

Justin

Last edited:
The radio stalk controls are maintained, and the cruise/speed limit still works as normal via the display in the instrument cluster. It uses iGo for the GPS so it is easy enough to find current map updates on various Australian GPS websites.

Just bringing up an old thread... how is this going a year on? I’m thinking about doing something similar to mine, but looking they all seem to be cost a bit for something that’s an unknown brand. I can’t find a 407 android radio for much under $500.

Still working well. The only main issues I've had are that any change to the HVAC doesn't always appear on the screen, and generally on stinking hot days (and we've had plenty here at the moment) the A/C is slow to cool and a bit temperamental. I'm not sure if this is due the android unit though, it might just be how the 407 A/C operates. Overall, I'm still really happy with the unit.

I will however explore the dashboard vent-mounted cowl which houses the original orange screen though. This has been discussed many times on the Peugeot 407 UK Facebook site, and plugging that back in will give me more functionality as well as km instead of miles on the odometer!

I hope this helps.