407 headlights before/after

matara

Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
Just got a 407 V6 to replace our Alfa 156 v6 that had a cam belt failure, lovely honest car, 1 owner from new, only 97kms and full history. Had the timing belt/water pump done last week and today cleaned up the headlights with just a clay bar and buff with G3 compound.

IMG_8370.jpeg
IMG_8371.jpeg

Amazing what a bit of a clean does to lift the look of the car! Finished off with a quick service of new set of oil/air/fuel/cabin filters.

IMG_8372.jpeg

That's an awesome result. Think I'll try the headlight repair on my sons Hyundai I20. What id G3 compound?

Have you considered sealing them with anything to prevent them from re-clouding? I believe you can buy "headlight sealant" in aerosol form from most auto parts stores

I just finished them with meguairs ceramic coating all of which I had left over from polishing up the 205

You can use any cutting compound. Even a light sand with fine wet n dry first... Although that makes it a longer process as you have to polish back to clear. A clear coat with UV protection is needed if you want it to last for longer than a few months.