407 Coupe owners - with sunroof

Graydog

Fellow Frogger
I am seriously considering having a sunroof installed on my coupe.
Can any owners of coupes with sunroof please let me know if there's is a tilt and slide (over the roof) or into/under the roof version?
I'd test-driven a few with sunroofs during my car search but never paid attention to the type. I assumed that sunroofs were a factory fit option, however Peugeot Aust advised that it was not so - therefore it is a dealer fit or aftermarket. I'd like to get the into-roof version, but before anyone goes cutting holes in mine I want to be sure that there are other coupes out there with this style and that there are no issues or problems.
Grateful for any responses!
Regards

Have you had a sunroof before?

My 407 coupe does not have one.

My 605 had a sun roof:

+, Great for fresh air ventilation, kick rear up. No others I can remember.

-s, Takes up head room (about 40mm). Sun burns hell out of you on hot days. Wind noise at speed. Birds crap on you.

Good luck :)

It would be a structural hassle. You would have to replace the whole roof; skin and braces - suggest you allow about $3K.

Aftermarket would look tacky.

Have you had a sunroof before?

My 407 coupe does not have one.

My 605 had a sun roof:

+, Great for fresh air ventilation, kick rear up. No others I can remember.

-s, Takes up head room (about 40mm). Sun burns hell out of you on hot days. Wind noise at speed. Birds crap on you.

Good luck :)

Hey, you forgot about getting a small soaking when opening the roof too soon after emerging from a carwash!!:rolleyes:

Yep, I've had a few sunroofs before and, yes, I agree with you on your points (altho' i've never been bombed by a bird) but, for me the positives outweigh the negatives. To me, tooling along on a nice day with the lid open is a great pleasure (I don't open up at speed) and given my plans for this car it will be a good investment for me - and I'm not actually referring to resale context.:)

It would be a structural hassle. You would have to replace the whole roof; skin and braces - suggest you allow about $3K.

Aftermarket would look tacky.

Hi Addo, when I mentioned aftermarket, I meant this: Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 21.40.09.jpg

Not this:Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 21.43.08.png

I've found a very highly recommended (from within the auto trade) installer in Melbourne so I'm not concerned about the structural side nor quality of the installation. When done, I'll load a few pics!
Cheers

I have had three cars with sunroofs, a Mercedes 180 (Webasto factory one), a Lexus (electric tilt or slide Toyota factory one) and a Peugeot 504 (agent installed, slide only). The first two were fabulous, noiseless, easy to operate and rain proof. The Peugeot one was none of these, was returned to the agent three times with no improvement. I would not have it done again!

I’ve gut the factory sunroof in mine.

Opened it when buying, to make sure it worked. My daughter plays with the screen occasionally, otherwise I iever use it.

i would honestly call it a ‘questionable’ investment to retrofit. If you really want one, sell the car and buy one with the OEM fitted sunroof. That will be cheaper and work better.