407 coupe AVMAR disable ?

407owner1

Tadpole
Please can anyone give some help ?

I am getting rear KYB shocks for my 2006 407 2.7 hdi coupe because i cannot afford new Peugeot shocks in south africa.
The KYB shocks are not electric shocks.

How can i disable the AVMAR suspension or is there a way to fool it into thinking it is still connected ? i don't have a peugeot planet system to connect to the computer.

Is it possible to connect something other than the shock to the plug to fool it ?

What is strange is that, the one shock is badly worn and sagging but the computer is not warning me about any problems.

Will it scream at me if i disconnect the shock ?

ok i'll suck it...... seeming i'm one of the very few that has attempted to fit aftermarket shocks on this car, hope the kyb's fit so little info on this model

After you fit them, wait & see.
If it gives you any sort of message, go to any mechanic who has diagbox and turn the option "off".

Ok seem like the plot on these shocks is thickening.<br>
<br>
I've taken it to a fitment centre today, and after taking out the shock
to fit the new KYB shock they said that the old shock seems to be "one
piece" meaning they cannot remove the top Cup so they cannot remove the
spring and put the top cup and spring on the new KYB shock.<br>
<br>
After a while they came back to me and told me, if i bring the car in
tomorrow, they'll keep it there for a few days and try and see if they
would be able to disassemble the shock, they said it's a hit or miss, it
might or might not work, they said there is a certain pajero that has a
shock they just could not dismantle and they say hopefully mine is not
like that.<br>
<br>
Now i went over to Peugeot in france (i registered on their forum and asked questions)<br>
After a long translation session back and forth this is the information i got from one of the members on that forum in france:<br>
<br>
<em class="text-italics">"If you want to mount non-piloted shocks, it will be necessary to buy old non-piloted dampers to serve you springs and cups.<br>
Indeed, the springs of the AMVAR are non removable, crimped in factory, the engines of piloting being also integrated.<br>
This explains the difference in price between front and rear : the front
being without spring and without driving motor, we recover the old on
the original shocks absorbers.<br>
We can therefore switch to conventional dampers, provided to endure the message to the dashboard."</em><br>
<br>
So what puzzles me is that in his first paragraph he says: <em class="text-italics">"Indeed, the springs of the AMVAR are non removable, crimped in factory, the engines of piloting being also integrated."<br>
</em><br>
<br>
But in the second paragraph he says:<br>
<em class="text-italics">"we recover the old on the original shocks absorbers.<br>
We can therefore switch to conventional dampers, provided to endure the message to the dashboard"</em><br>
<br>
So does it mean it can take it apart or not ?<br>
<br>
Would the fitments guys be able to dissemble the shock or would i be wasting time leaving the car there for them to try ?