407 cluster repair hardware on aliexpress

1972Ren

The Comeback Kid
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
The carbon contacts in the LCD tend fail and cause "streaks" in the display. There are replacements for most of the LCD's of the PSA cars on Aliexpress.
Cant vouch for the quality, haven't needed one...yet.

its the center dash display the one here needs. you can no longer see it, even when cold (the small monochrome display that is)

AliEpress is a bit like Ebay isn't it, different sellers on the same platform? I was very disappointed when a seller wouldn't refund after sending the wrong item despite carefully following their supposed process and having been assured by AE that I would get the model of the item I ordered. Long story short, after a lot of time wasting I was encouraged to give up. It wasn't about the $ in the end but the principle. Maybe they are ok for one-off items where there is only one model but buyer beware if you need a refund over the wrong one.

Reactions: IWS
Hi all, I have noticed these on Aliexpress.
The mind truly boggles that such items even exist, but perhaps it could be a life saver (and wallet saver) for someone at some point.

"1pcs LCD Display Screen for Peugeot 407 407SW Coupe Instrument Cluster Dashboard Pixel Repair A2C53119649"

Fitted a bunch of those even the super cheap ones work well do a few on howdy Audis as well

AliEpress is a bit like Ebay isn't it, different sellers on the same platform? I was very disappointed when a seller wouldn't refund after sending the wrong item despite carefully following their supposed process and having been assured by AE that I would get the model of the item I ordered. Long story short, after a lot of time wasting I was encouraged to give up. It wasn't about the $ in the end but the principle. Maybe they are ok for one-off items where there is only one model but buyer beware if you need a refund over the wrong one.
eBay is much better when it comes to problems. I acquired a taillight unit for a friend via AliExpress last year and a corner edge was broken in the post. Very difficult to recover the cost, far too expensive to return it, not really worth the time it took to go through the process and an extremely clunky and confusing complaints system, but it was eventually covered by AE. They like to suggest partial compensation and you keep the junk item, often not usable at all. Mostly you aren't going to see the postman delivering a damaged item, but take photos before opening and don't discard the packaging. For short shipping they are likely to ask you to prove the actual weight as received (everyone has scales!) with the postage label weight, so keep that. I won't buy anything even slightly expensive or easily broken from AE now. PayPal and most credit cards do provide some protection for online purchases, but it's often too hard to bother.

eBay is much better when it comes to problems. I acquired a taillight unit for a friend via AliExpress last year and a corner edge was broken in the post. Very difficult to recover the cost, far too expensive to return it, not really worth the time it took to go through the process and an extremely clunky and confusing complaints system, but it was eventually covered by AE. They like to suggest partial compensation and you keep the junk item, often not usable at all. Mostly you aren't going to see the postman delivering a damaged item, but take photos before opening and don't discard the packaging. For short shipping they are likely to ask you to prove the actual weight as received (everyone has scales!) with the postage label weight, so keep that. I won't buy anything even slightly expensive or easily broken from AE now. PayPal and most credit cards do provide some protection for online purchases, but it's often too hard to bother.
I have mixed success with Ali Express complaints procedure. I have found the best way is to make a short video showing the problem(s) and upload that with dialogue telling how bad the problem(s) are. Yes they will try to give you partial refund but keep at them till you run out of time. I have had success in getting refunds for products that are clearly not suitable for purpose.

You also need to realise that you are not shopping in Australia and don't have the consumer protection laws, only Ali Express's good will, where as Ebay Australia is a little different.