407 bluetooth unit location

Matthew

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
I am looking where to fit the Bluetooth unit in the 407, I know its not around the glove box so does anybody know its precise locations, model is 2006, the wiring is in there already for it, I have fitted a microphone and programmed the radio head unit unit for it.

This was a revelation, cruise control stopped working without it, the error management in the Peugeot software is atrocious.

I want phone remote for safety and practicality so looking where it goes / fits, no rude jokes thanks!

I am looking where to fit the Bluetooth unit in the 407, I know its not around the glove box so does anybody know its precise locations, model is 2006, the wiring is in there already for it, I have fitted a microphone and programmed the radio head unit unit for it.

This was a revelation, cruise control stopped working without it, the error management in the Peugeot software is atrocious.

I want phone remote for safety and practicality so looking where it goes / fits, no rude jokes thanks!

Did you figure out how to get bluetooth calling sorted?

I'm trying to learn what's going on with the 2009 407 cdi I just bought for our daughter - it has a button 'TEL' on the standard hifi console but this doesn't seem to do anything. Is there no way to get it to talk to a phone by bluetooth?

I have Lexia and adapter etc. but am in the dark with how to enable or install an adapter if that's what it needs. Any advice appreciated!

Not yet, but radio has been programmed and is showing telephone symbol, microphone is fitted but I suspect I have to pull out the centre bin (between seats). Obviously not working yet.

Interestingly the wiring is fitted to my car just need to find where it finishes.

I use a parrot mki9200 bluetooth unit. It outputs via its line out into aux2 of my rd4 radio.

My 2009 407 did not come with the bluetooth unit.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Module clips up under the cubby hole in front of the driver under the dash. The plug is hard to find I had to pull out the cubby hole to find the plug.

Thank you, now to pull the car apart. Hopefully the cruise control will come back, stupid programmers and test manager!

Last edited:
I use a parrot mki9200 bluetooth unit. It outputs via its line out into aux2 of my rd4 radio.

My 2009 407 did not come with the bluetooth unit.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

So I just looked up the data sheet and my daughter's 2009 407 has the "RD4/MP3" RDS COMPACT DISC AUDIO SYSTEM" fitted. No mention of hands free or bluetooth. This is the same as our 2007 C5 Citroen, which also has the "TEL" button at the front that does absolutely nothing.

If all my daughter wants is to plug her phone into an auxiliary input to play music, what's involved? There's no aux input on the front of these units.

You will need to connect to the rear of the stereo on appropriate pins and still have to progam radio to accept and enable Aux in. Bluetooth does not play music as far as I know, aux in for that. Tel suggests it is Bluetooth capable too. Google RD4 Aux in connector and you will find it, still need to enable sereo, which is a bit harder without the tools.

AFAIK, the RD4 unit will play music via Bluetooth (if the BT unit is fitted).

It certainly does in my DS3.

Well that is something to hope for then! I am down on them these days!

AFAIK, the RD4 unit will play music via Bluetooth (if the BT unit is fitted).

It certainly does in my DS3.
I think the 407 is too early. Mine doesnt, will only make and receive calls. The rd4 in later cars is the later can (think can can instead of can van or something like that) style, therefore will accept the later bluetooth module. I plugged a later bluetooth module in mine. It immediately prevented the dash from working as well as the radio and multi purpose display. Also had a few random lights on the dash. Car did start though. Unplugged it and it was back to normal. Plugged an early type module without streaming and USB works perfect.

So I just looked up the data sheet and my daughter's 2009 407 has the "RD4/MP3" RDS COMPACT DISC AUDIO SYSTEM" fitted. No mention of hands free or bluetooth. This is the same as our 2007 C5 Citroen, which also has the "TEL" button at the front that does absolutely nothing.

If all my daughter wants is to plug her phone into an auxiliary input to play music, what's involved? There's no aux input on the front of these units.

All rd4 head units have 2x aux in. Each input is configurable via lexia. You just need the aux in connector for the quadlock system used by the rd4 and plug it in. You can Get them with male or female 3.5mm plugs. They're only about $10.

You can also get a generic bluetooth unit that plugs into the same port for audio streaming. You just have to add power to it. I usually use the cigarette lighter power line.

Whichever option you choose you need lexia to enable aux1 on the rd4.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/383054663532

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/323987836004

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/193351147672

Last edited:
All rd4 head units have 2x aux in. Each input is configurable via lexia. You just need the aux in connector for the quadlock system used by the rd4 and plug it in. You can Get them with male or female 3.5mm plugs. They're only about $10.

You can also get a generic bluetooth unit that plugs into the same port for audio streaming. You just have to add power to it. I usually use the cigarette lighter power line.

Whichever option you choose you need lexia to enable aux1 on the rd4.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/383054663532

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/323987836004

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/193351147672

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I'll go with the aftermarket bluetooth version that I linked to above because it also has a USB port. My daughter's phone doesn't have a 3.5mm jack so it's either USB or bluetooth for her by the looks of things. I have Lexia but haven't plugged it into her 407 yet - I'll give that a go once I get the gadget.

Go Bluetooth, far easier and tidier, with Aux input you have to put the unit and cables to back of stereo somewhere, The previous owner of mine did this and it sits in the glovebox, he did not know the bluetooth wiring was in there either. Less to muck around with while driving which must be a good thing, mandatory actually.

Module clips up under the cubby hole in front of the driver under the dash. The plug is hard to find I had to pull out the cubby hole to find the plug.

Any secrets to pulling this out or is it just clipped in? Will do this this week if possible, nice to have it working finally.

Any secrets to pulling this out or is it just clipped in? Will do this this week if possible, nice to have it working finally.
I'll snap some pics of mine next couple of days. The housing it sits in clip straight in with those Christmas tree type clips.

Excellent, gives me the info to start and will wait for pictures, always best to go in informed although there are many ways to learn.

Here some photos of the module location. I have included a picture of the module so you know which one will work in a 407.

Also note the one of the top of the module with the 2 clips. Those clips go directly into the bottom of the drivers side glove box. 20200321_102802.jpeg20200321_102811.jpeg20200321_102907.jpeg20200321_102916.jpeg

Thank you very much, will take a look later this afternoon!

Very kind of you.