407 bluetooth handsfree kit.

UNM

Fellow Frogger
I recently bought a 407 HDi, which has the necessary head unit, but appears to be missing bluetooth connectivity to my phone.

I mainly want to be able to play audio, but would also be useful to have handsfree.

As there are plenty 407s appearing at wreckers, I would like to know what the bluetooth kits look like and where the necessary parts are located. I reckon one will turn up soon enough.

Anyone got pictures and/or advice on how I might identify one?

They look the same. The only 407s that had Bluetooth streaming was the really late ones that had the RHH engine ,the coupes etc that had Bluetooth didn’t support streaming. The quickest and cheapest option would be a blue tooth module and connect it to the aux in on the radio. Ive tried a few ways to get factory Bluetooth going on a 407 but it just never worked correctly the only win I had was swapping the face plate from a old 407 radio to a rd45 radio unit and also had to replace the display. FYI you can get android head units for very little to suit the 407 and then you get everything even CarPlay with the right USB adapter.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

They look the same. The only 407s that had Bluetooth streaming was the really late ones that had the RHH engine ,the coupes etc that had Bluetooth didn’t support streaming. The quickest and cheapest option would be a blue tooth module and connect it to the aux in on the radio.

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be an Aux in on this radio.

Yes there is it just needs to be enabled

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Yes there is it just needs to be enabled

Thanks for that. Now I just need to work out how to get it out. Hopefully I just need to track down two standard radio removal tools to go into the holes on either side (almost certainly have a couple somewhere in the chaos that is my garage).

The android device looks interesting, if somewhat expensive for an old car.

Shame my existing bluetooth dongle wont just fit into a standard aux plug, but the basic one you linked to seems suitable and is cheap enough to satisfy my Scots frugality.

Appreciate your help.

Your radio is removed by two torx bit screws in those side holes t10 or 15 will work they don’t pop out like normal ,what area are you in you will need a dealer or someone with a diagbox to turn on the aux input

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Your radio is removed by two torx bit screws in those side holes t10 or 15 will work they don’t pop out like normal ,what area are you in you will need a dealer or someone with a diagbox to turn on the aux input

T10 works fine to remove it. No obviously spare connectors on the back, but I am sure I can work out what needs to go where with a bit of effort.

I am in Melbourne (Glen Waverley)
I do have a lexia cable set with diagbox, but right now have a few issues with the laptop that has the software loaded. Nothing i can't fix. The Lexia unit is not the full chip version, so I am hoping it will work with the 407 - never did with daughters 307 but was fine with my 206GTi.

The original radio in my 407 just failed this week.. haven’t looked into why but it’s not lighting up or playing music. Looking at the possibility of replacing with something else although those android ones are a bit more than I really want to spend for something that’s not a known brand.
I had installed a Dension gateway pro Bluetooth unit to mine that allows full control of phone from dash and intergrates it with the display too, also has usb and allows hands free. It wasn’t cheap, but worked well. If I end up replacing the radio with something else I’ll probably be interested in selling the dension unit.

I was at the wreckers the other day, picking up a couple minor bits and pieces.

One of the 407s had an extra white plug (12pin) on the back of the radio.
this suggests to me it may have a factory fitted bluetooth (can't think what else would use that plug).

Sadly, I could nto see exactly where the wiring went to - it seemed to go under the console and across towards the interior fuse box.

I didnt want to just rip everything out without knowing what I was doing, or what I was looking for.

So, would it be possible to remove the components, or am I going to be better picking up one of the $12 items from eBay?

Alternatively, is it possible to just wire up a simple 3.5mm Aux socket using the 12 pin plug and wiring harness? I already have a bluetooth module that takes a 3.5mm cable input.

Park sensors ,rear CD changer on a V6 the only 406s that had proper Bluetooth are late rhh motors

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

I can advise that presence of the cable is not assuring bluetooth is fitted, my wagon has it fitted and no evidence of it.

The only clue came when it was enabled via the stereo, enough clues to start! Microphone fitted and connected. Now the module itself.

Stereo is ready just needs to talk to the module, that is my current challenge and its not in or around the glove box that is for sure.