407 Bluetooth addition

KIMDEB

Fellow Frogger
Hi, has anybody fitted a bluetooth kit to a 407? There is a bluetooth kit, including harness etc supplied by Peugeot which I will look into. Perhaps an after market kit might also be just as good?

Ideally, a kit that communicates with the vehicles audio system would be preferable.

Cheers,

K.

Hi K
I looked at this for my 407 and decided it was too much trouble and bought a TomTom GPS and use the Bluetooth on that it costs less than getting the radio reprogrammed
Cheers Ian

Thanks for that.

If you buy the harness, Parrot receiver etc via Peugeot, it all communicates nicely with the 407 JBL unit. However, it is many $$$ & the parts are on back order from France.

I have discovered a better solution is the latest Blue Ant kit, which has a neat fitting onto your sun visor with an included speaker, voice programming etc. All for about $130 from Harvey Norman etc.

Cheers,

K

Thanks for that.

If you buy the harness, Parrot receiver etc via Peugeot, it all communicates nicely with the 407 JBL unit. However, it is many $$$ & the parts are on back order from France.

I have discovered a better solution is the latest Blue Ant kit, which has a neat fitting onto your sun visor with an included speaker, voice programming etc. All for about $130 from Harvey Norman etc.

Cheers,

K

I think Mrs UFO bought that same model from Deal of the Day (or whatever) today for about $70.

Hi, has anybody fitted a bluetooth kit to a 407? There is a bluetooth kit, including harness etc supplied by Peugeot which I will look into. Perhaps an after market kit might also be just as good?

Ideally, a kit that communicates with the vehicles audio system would be preferable.

Cheers,

K.

This is a genuine kit:

Genuine Citroen Peugeot Bluetooth C2 C3 C4 C5 307 308 206 207 208 | Audio, GPS, & Car Alarms | Gumtree Australia Lane Cove Area - Lane Cove | 1010465047

Otherwise buy a bluetooth equipped car tuner - I have a Panasonic in one and a Kenwood in the other 505 and they both work well.

con...

This is a genuine kit:

Genuine Citroen Peugeot Bluetooth C2 C3 C4 C5 307 308 206 207 208 | Audio, GPS, & Car Alarms | Gumtree Australia Lane Cove Area - Lane Cove | 1010465047

Otherwise buy a bluetooth equipped car tuner - I have a Panasonic in one and a Kenwood in the other 505 and they both work well.

con...

The trouble is if you have a CD stacker the input port is unavailable for these kits, unless you do away with stacker. Then again, if your an audiophile, sound quality rules above all else and iPods etc are yet to match CD's

Via the aussiefrogs App

Cheers,

K.

This probably sounds a dumb question, have you checked that your 407 does not have bluetooth? My 407 coupe was not supposed to have blutooth, though I found when I checked that it did, and my phone has always worked through it.:confused:

Good Luck.:)

This probably sounds a dumb question, have you checked that your 407 does not have bluetooth? My 407 coupe was not supposed to have blutooth, though I found when I checked that it did, and my phone has always worked through it.:confused:

Good Luck.:)

But can you play your iPod through your 407 coupe? My C4 can only access my phone. It's a shame PSA didn't include an extra aux input on all these models.

Via the aussiefrogs App

On the multifunction display, get it enabled, fit module and if its like mine the wiring looms are already fitted. Add Nomad module, micriphone and enable the RD4 stereo. I am mid way through this, found the looms are there so buying microphone for head unit mount, I expect wiring to be there, its is all there at the back of the stereo.

I installed and use a Parrot MKI9100 in my 407. It is plug and play with the added bonus of bluetooth audio streaming.