407 2.7 Diesel Coupe Won’t Start

Coupe407

Tadpole
Hi,
I’m hoping for some advice re my 407 Coupe which has starting issues.
Drove for a few hours on the highway on Chrissy eve and about 10 ks from home I notice a slight miss and a brief moment of roughness during acceleration. No loss of power. Anyway got home ok and the pug sounded normal when I stopped, no dash lights on.

The next morning the Economy Mode was on and the car would turnover, try to start but not start.
After a little research I charged the battery just in case a light was on overnight.

The car now has a window partially down and due to economy mode it won’t go up. Economy Mode won’t go away until the car starts and runs for a while! What the!!!! Who at Peugeot thought that was a good idea!

Anyway I managed to start it twice (just) but it ran like a hairy goat. The fact that it started ruled out some elecrical/fuse issues, which is a plus. I figure it is fuel related, fuel pump, filter, pressure regulator .... any ideas on where to start?

Thanks,

Wayne

Starter motor can turn to slow on dt17s and cause this sounding problem you can over ride the eco mode on the windows by locking the car and holding the remote lock button down until the windows close trust me you don’t want not to have economy mode.
What area are you in.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

But miss once hot don’t know I’d be checking the fuel itself

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Hi,
The starter seems to spin the motor well so not leaning towards a starter issue.
I did try the door lock button but it doesn’t seem to work on my car :-/

I fuelled about 70-80 k before ai noticed the miss so was wondering if I got some bad fuel. It was at a big BP service centre so unlikely but possible. I will change the fuel filter when I can source one.

Definitely not petrol? Similar symptoms

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Economy mode protects the computers. As dmccurtayne said, you need it.

If you think you have bad fuel, it is could be water. The filter has a drain for this purpose, so run some into a glass jar and see. It should be done at service anyway.

Load test the battery. You may have charged it, but if it's old (i.e. 3+), it might have only accepted a weak charge.