407 2.2L 2005 Throttle body alternative

Belaris

Tadpole
Hello all,
I have a peugeot 407 2.2L Petrol 2005 model and the gears on the throttle body went - after looking on Ebay the only ones i could find were new ones at £270+. Considering the car has done 121000 miles i didnt think it was worth spending that amount on a car i paid £600 for only a few months ago.

But the Cirtroen C5 2.0L 2002 petrol throttle body is the same one - i paid £15 for one on Ebay and fitted it today and the car started no problems, all fault codes cleared with my diagnostic reader and it feels like a new car, there is no modifications you need to do, just swap over the air temp sensor (think thats what it is) and the other part thats held in by the one screw (sorry i have no idea what its called) and thats it.

I checked the butterfly dimensions etc and it is the same, part numbers also match up.

Not sure if this is already known to you guys but information should be shared not kept and it may help someone in the same boat and possibly save them some money if Citroen parts are cheaper or time if they are more available.

Regards
Gary (From rainy Scotland)