406 V6 Quaife differential group buy

Brett

Fellow Frogger
Is anyone interested in a group buy for a Quaife differential to suit a 406 V6 manual BL gearbox?

Their minimum order quantity is 10

Thanks

Brett

Via the aussiefrogs App

I might be interested if the price is right , come on down with the cost.

Are there two types of manual box fitted to the 406 V6 , how does one tell the differance?

If you can mix and match I could possibly be interested in a BE3 one, depends on the price.
Palmside in NZ were happy to do this last time, we got BE3 and 505 diffs in the order. Is this where you are getting them from?
Quaife UK will refer you to them in any case.
Edit: on rereading seems like they may need to put through a batch of 10, bit like the 505 diffs, so my order may not help at least with the initial order.
Graham

Sorry I meant ML.

Yes, I was looking at the Quaife to suit the boxer.
A Finish website indicates machining of gearbox casing and reinforcing required to fit though.
10 appears to be the minimum order quantity

I was gauging local numbers before checking overseas.

I was going to check with other differential manufactures about a custom build once I had an approximate number.

Via the aussiefrogs App

Looking at a budget price of $1500ish for the ML5 LSD subject to exchange rate, final cost etc

Are you still interested?

Thanks,

Brett

Looking at a budget price of $1500ish for the ML5 LSD subject to exchange rate, final cost etc

Are you still interested?

Thanks,

Brett

Possibly - what sort of diff are we talking here? Is it a Quaife-style Torsen or the like, or a plate type diff? If so, would it need machining like the the Quaife for the boxer would, or would it be something that would drop straight in?

It would be a plate LSD.

Hopefully it will be a straight drop in. I won't be able to confirm this till design is finished.

A gearbox has been sourced in the UK, where the fabrication will take place.

It would be internally similar to those below, as they will try and use an existing plate/spring arrangement.

3j.lsds.1a.jpg

Not sure if you saw my post on 406oc.co.uk but I am definitely keen on one. I have put out a quick word on fastfrogs.co.nz to see if I can boost numbers but its not looking too bright :/

Sorry, I hadn't seen it.

I think I need to repost in a different sub forum on 306GTi as everyone says people are interested on there but I haven't got any replies as yet.

Thanks,

Brett

Via the aussiefrogs App

I'm out sorry, having used both torsen and clutch diffs both on the track and the street, I wouldn't go back to a clutch diff. Its a personal preference, I know, but that's where I stand. Good luck with the group purchase.

The 3J plate ML differential is currently in design, with anticipated production in February.
If anyone else is interested please let me know now.

ML Gearbox plate LSD will be available in a month or so if anyone is interested.

I know it an old thread !

Just checking if they ever arrived and if there is 1 still for sale ?

I'm also on the hunt again. Would still prefer torsen but would consider a plate LSD.