406 v6 coupe timing belt change internal

306s16 Pug Pete

Tadpole
Online I see conflicting advice on what kms done triggers a timing belt change. I understand time in years since last done can also be a determinant. I’ve just bought a Diablo red 406 v6 coupe with 150000km. I’ve established who the previous mechanics were but by ringing them for the service history would they actually keep records / be helpful when asked? Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 490DE778-A92B-4A31-8946-A4017EFBA11A.jpeg
    490DE778-A92B-4A31-8946-A4017EFBA11A.jpeg
    392.4 KB · Views: 124
120000 is the book ks but a mechanic shop should have the old invoices but it’s a grey area with privacy we had always been told not to give out service records to new owners not that we complied but some dealers / mechanics may not.

The belt change should of been recorded in the maintenance log book that should of come with the car as part of the service history.

And nice looking coupe that you have there, enjoy (y)

Every 120k or 6 years. Dont forget the 6 years bit. From what I've experienced with them its equally as important as kms

If it is not noted it would be an extremely wise decision.My first response was 'BEFORE IT BREAKES' !!
Friend bough a 306 years ago from a Dealer mate who owned a yard.Had purchased many cars over many years. Dealer said'NEEDS A CAMBELT '' He had no idea that the new owner,although in the Industry had not with a cambelt car before,so the severity of the statement was not recognised untill about two weeks later 'HEY PETE..THE 306 HAS STOPPED 10 K FROM HOME...fixed the kickdown at the same time loved it for 10 years or more.