406 issues

geedee

Fellow Frogger
Looking at a low km 406 D9 manual petrol but it has two issues, fuel gauge goes from half full to empty with low fuel light then back up to half full often while just going about 50 kph, revs stay fairly high when changing gears. Simple issues or 'do not touch' ones.

All depending on what motor it has RFN RFV or V6 could also just need a fuel sender/pump but a year model and engine type will change the answer

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

A vin will help

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

I had the wrong rev when changing gears thing until I realised that I had cruise control switched on. Don't suppose it's that simple?

4 cylinder petrol 2000 model. Will get vin number in the next couple of days

So does mine but I found it does some strange things if you leave it on and try to drive as normal. It's more than likely not the problem but since it's such as easy thing to check, I reckoned it is worth a look.

fuel gauge goes from half full to empty with low fuel light then back up to half full often while just going about 50 kph

The fuel sender would be the first thing I'd suspect if it were any other car, but here's another
possible cause : my D8 406 used to do that with the fuel gauge. It would stay off for a while, but when I thumped the instrument panel, it would correct itself. This happened on a regular basis and I assumed it was the connectors at the back of the panel. I never found out definitely as I sold it to a wreckers.