406 HDi on Gumtree

Fellow Frogger
Hi all,

There's a 2003 model 406 HDi for sale on Gumtree,
here.

I'm interested in the car, if it's as good as the ad says that it is (yes, I know). But the Gold Coast is a long way from Junee, which is not terribly far from the Victorian border which means that it isn't a matter of an hour or two driving up the road to go and have a look at it.

My first question is does anyone on here know the car and can give me any information about it?

Failing that, is there anyone who lives close by who would be prepared to have a look at it for me? As I said, it's a long way to go to look at the car just to find out that it's a rust bucket or something similar. Obviously, I would have to make the trip to make my own inspection before I make my decision to purchase or not. But I'd prefer to do that knowing that it was worth a look!

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
Andrew

Thanks, Dijon.

I'm sorry that the link didn't appear. It had when I tested it before posting, so who knows?

Yes, that's the car.

And yes, I've been chuckling on and off about that 'extremely fuel' line. (If that was the worst thing that I'd seen in car advertising, or any advertising(!) for the last month, I'd be a happy man. But that's all beside the point.)

Andrew