406 hdi head gasket.

justpugs

Fellow Frogger
Hi, would anyone be able to give a ball park figure to r/r the cylinder head on a 406 Hdi, including gaskets etc.Seems it’s blown the head gasket. Thanks in advance.

Hi justpugs, have never done a 406 HDi but nearly did a 405 SRDT till the possibility of a water pump leak dawned on me. The k's were nearing 200,000 and when opened up the water pump hadn't been changed with the belt and was the problem. There was no external sign of the water disappearing which is what led to an initial diagnosis of head gasket.

Hi justpugs, have never done a 406 HDi but nearly did a 405 SRDT till the possibility of a water pump leak dawned on me. The k's were nearing 200,000 and when opened up the water pump hadn't been changed with the belt and was the problem. There was no external sign of the water disappearing which is what led to an initial diagnosis of head gasket.
Thanks for the information, will check water pump out.

I'd factor in replacing the items in and around the head ie: the water pump, tensioner/s, cambelt, and head bolts unless you have service records knowing when they were last replaced.