406 D8 Interior fan playing up

Thanks BIGRR, but my resistor pack looks like this one - it's mounted in with the fan.

View attachment 64602

They are not resistors they are transistors same as in a Xantia
They are cheap to buy as an individual item and replace
That is to say from a place like Jaycar
They can be easily tested with a multimeter
I had the same symptoms on a Xantia and replacing the trannys worked

Okay. It appears that my fan motor is on its way out - it measures ≈ 0.4Ω across the windings whereas I think it should be about 4+Ω for this sort of motor. This would indicate it is drawing a lot of current and exceeding the capacity of the transistors on the 'resistor pack', causing them to fail. The fact that the fan only works on high speed when the relay on the resistor board closes and bypasses the transistors' circuit seems to support this. I don't have a meter that measures DC Amps in excess of 10, but I'm quite sure this is where the fault is.

So, I'm after a replacement motor for my fan assembly - I've stuck an ad in the 'Wanted' forum. Is anyone in a position to help out at all, please?

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/pa...ted-blower-fan-motor-d8-406-interior-fan.html

Thanks!

Ben.

Not that it's probably relevant to my current problem, but when I replaced the transistor control module with an ebay cheapie from China, the module didn't work at all. When questioned, the seller didn't even suggest sending another one as they were likely to be exactly the same, I got my money back, no questions asked. The transistors on the module are almost certainly fakes; fake components are a real blight in the electronics industry, and most of them come from China.

For future reference for anybody else experiencing this issue, I'd recommend repairing your genuine board, if you're up to it, or take the easy route and get a genuine Valeo assembly - motor and all. Not cheap, but worked first try. It was a lot quieter too.