406 coupe Australian compliance date

Blue 406 coupe

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi fellas. I believe my 406 coupe may already be eligible for club reg based on the original compliance date.
Compliance date should be on one of the car's I.D. plates, but I can only see one under the bonnet.
Is there another one and if so, where?

Thanks in advance

P.S. I may need a few mechanical parts to get the car up to scratch and would be happy to hear back from anyone who's holding some 406 coupe bits

Attachments

• pug plate.jpg
    pug plate.jpg
    484.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Pug beauty.jpg
    Pug beauty.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 71
My non-coupe 406 has a plate at the bottom of the B Pillar on the drivers side.

I have quite a few 406 parts floating around. What are you after?

Australian compliance plate is usually on the driver's side B-pillar, just above the door latch. There is also usually a build date plate riveted somewhere near the build plate in your photo.

Australian compliance plate is usually on the driver's side B-pillar, just above the door latch. There is also usually a build date plate riveted somewhere near the build plate in your photo.
Hi. Many thanks. I'll come back to you but I do need bonnet struts at least. Cheers, Noel

Hi. Many thanks. I'll come back to you but I do need bonnet struts at least. Cheers, Noel

Hi. Just remembered I need a front passenger side outer tie rod end. Do you have one? Cheers, Noel

Hi. Just remembered I need a front passenger side outer tie rod end. Do you have one? Cheers, Noel
For consumable items like that, I would strongly recommend against getting a secondhand one. They're not expensive to buy new, and a secondhand one would be an unknown quantity.

Do you know where's best to buy new?
If that's the only thing you're purchasing, then locally is best.

If my memory of Melbourne is correct, then European Auto Imports in Box Hill isn't too far away from you.

321 Middlesborough Rd,
Box Hill
Ph. 029899 6683

If you're buying a lot of things, then it can sometimes be cheaper to import your own parts from Europe.

Cheers,
Andrew