405: Water coming in through front interiour light

Saru

Fellow Frogger
Hi,

It rained farily heavily in Canberra last night and as the Pug is still waiting for the RX-7 to vacate the garage it slept outside. This morning on the way to work I noticed a few drops coming in through the front interiour light. It seems to me that the water probably came in through somewhere near the radio antenna. Has anyone else had this problem?

The pug is a MkII mi16 if that makes any difference.

Ben

Yep, I get it VERY occasionally and only when it rains for a while. I thought it was coming through the windscreen surround, which on mine is not securred fully. A simple fix when I get around to it is to run a line of sealant under the surround. Try to see if you can pull yours up.

Vegas said:
Hi,

It rained farily heavily in Canberra last night and as the Pug is still waiting for the RX-7 to vacate the garage it slept outside. This morning on the way to work I noticed a few drops coming in through the front interiour light. It seems to me that the water probably came in through somewhere near the radio antenna. Has anyone else had this problem?

The pug is a MkII mi16 if that makes any difference.

Ben

Had the same problem with mine on a trip to Qld in Sept water ran in through the light fitting during very, very heavy rain much harder than in CBR last night. I believe that the sunroof drains could not cope with the amount of water.

A friend had the same problem with their 306 XT, turned out to be blocked sunroof drain holes. I assume your car is fitted with a sunroof?

Brad - will have a look at the windscreen surround tonight.

I am 100% :) sure my car does not have a sunroof. I suppose I should have said in my first post.

The water was coming in through (around) the interiour light just behind the central rear vision mirror.

I'm pretty sure my car has no sunroof, I have never looked actually.

405 Leak in interior light

This has happened to me a lot. I thought it was sunroof drain holes and had it pulled out to double check, but no problem and it is hard for this to be a problem really.

the real problem was a poor seal in the roof mounted aerial, and rain was forced under the seal and into to light. (I remember reversing out from under a tree and catching the aerial as I went)

Cheap fix to doproperly, so filling it up with silicone would be desperate short term measure.