405 Mi16 s2 ABS fault light on. Help needed

Prrrgo

VIP Paid Subscriber
Tadpole
Tadpole
Greetings all.
I'm cleaning up a barnfind 1994 Mi16 and have run into a problem with the abs. After a thorough pressure wash clean, the abs warning light comes on every time the car moves off from starting up.
It's the Bosch system, and didn't show this problem until I started cleaning up the vehicle. Brakes have been pulled apart and cleaned, ABS sensors out and cleaned. I have bled the system according to the book (Haynes) - had a little trouble bleeding the rears, but all seems OK except this warning light issue. However with the light on the abs doesn't activate under hard braking.
So to be clear, here's what now happens:
The dashboard abs warning light goes on when ignition is turned on, then off when I start the car, but as soon as I drive forward or reverse 10 metres it comes on. Repeat this process, same outcome.

So I figure a sensor circuit problem in one of the wheels. Yes?
I've pulled all four, again, cleaned the seating faces, still with no joy.
Next is to chase the circuits and clean any joins - any hints as to where to start looking for the joins? Any other hints as to how to fix?

Also, any hints as to how to effectively search these forums? Each time I put in a search it tells me things like 405 and abs are too short to search. Hints?
Thanks.

I've no experience with 405 though I believe there are a couple of switches in the ABS unit to turn pump on/off that may have been affected by the pressure wash.
As for the 'keywords too short for search' the workaround is to use the DuckDuckGo Search box on RHS of main page.

Thanks Alex. Appreciated.
I’m going to try a code read for the abs light. I’ll let you know how I do.
Ian

It’s a bit of a dilemma because the Mi16 abs isn’t well regarded. Or regarded as dangerous more to the point. I think I’ll keep trying to find the fault, but then may also work out how to switch it off. Code came up pointing to the pump motor but I can’t find that in the Haynes wiring diagrams.