405 Mi16 2.0 new exhaust?

Jared

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
Hi all,

Couple of questions to unpack here if you don’t mind:
Current exhaust on the car is on the way out and needs replacing. Should I replace similar to stock or is there an improvement to be had with something custom (or are there “off the shelf” performance systems)? Now not wanting to complicate the question but if I was also considering a mild cam/chip upgrade would that alter what I should choose with the exhaust? From what I’ve read there’s no gain to be had over the stock manifold either?

thanks in advance and feel free to point me to a previous discussion thread if it has been asked before!

Hi all,

Couple of questions to unpack here if you don’t mind:
Current exhaust on the car is on the way out and needs replacing. Should I replace similar to stock or is there an improvement to be had with something custom (or are there “off the shelf” performance systems)? Now not wanting to complicate the question but if I was also considering a mild cam/chip upgrade would that alter what I should choose with the exhaust? From what I’ve read there’s no gain to be had over the stock manifold either?

thanks in advance and feel free to point me to a previous discussion thread if it has been asked before!
I would go to an exhaust service that you know or trust and get them to install a new exhaust. Buying exhaust components from overseas is too pricey. I don't think the exhaust system of an Mi16 is in need of change just because you may have chipped the car for more horsepower - I never did and I drive one all the time.
John505

As the article says don't waste your money on exhaust systems, they are plenty good enough

Mi16 Tuning