404 parts

luthier

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
I’ve just acquired a 404 for a resto.
It’s going to need a lot of stuff so I’m looking for French parts supplies in France, and finding they are a bit elusive. Der FrancoseHasnt got much . I need indicator lights, Matt’s, rubber seals for screens and doors. I can get quite a bit on EBay but there must be somewhere that has more comprehensive supplies I hope.
Will probably get the door ones locally.
Also a bonnet release cable, probably some trim, and any clues where anyone gets bumper bars rolled or straightened.
Also hydraulics for brakes and clutch.
It’s a late 69 model with disc brakes up front.
The engine is fresh.
It has small rust holes in the boot etc.
I haven’t removed the sills yet so that awaits.
So many hours of fun ahead.

I’ve just acquired a 404 for a resto.
It’s going to need a lot of stuff so I’m looking for French parts supplies in France, and finding they are a bit elusive. Der FrancoseHasnt got much . I need indicator lights, Matt’s, rubber seals for screens and doors. I can get quite a bit on EBay but there must be somewhere that has more comprehensive supplies I hope.
Will probably get the door ones locally.
Also a bonnet release cable, probably some trim, and any clues where anyone gets bumper bars rolled or straightened.
Also hydraulics for brakes and clutch.
It’s a late 69 model with disc brakes up front.
The engine is fresh.
It has small rust holes in the boot etc.
I haven’t removed the sills yet so that awaits.
So many hours of fun ahead.
PM sent

Hi Dan , a good 404 is a delight , I am dismantling a 67 404 at present , have a good windscreen rubber , good early bumpers, try EAI for hydraulics , have used early ford laser rubbers , (easy to remove ) similar section to 404 on door, have not checked for cable, interior not much chop, has an original sunroof !! other p[arts available

Hi Dan , a good 404 is a delight , I am dismantling a 67 404 at present , have a good windscreen rubber , good early bumpers, try EAI for hydraulics , have used early ford laser rubbers , (easy to remove ) similar section to 404 on door, have not checked for cable, interior not much chop, has an original sunroof !! other p[arts available
Has it got a good lower windscreen frame or even just the lower corners ?