404 paint code 222 4981

swift-au

Tadpole
Does anyone know what Peugeot colour code 222 4981 on a Aussie '63 404 actually is? All I've been able to ascertain from Google is that it is probably "light blue". Who supplied the original paint and what is the real paint code?

Thanks.

This probably doesn't help at all but there was a 404 pale blue colour. Not very common. Don't know the name but it quite possibly could the cone you're after.

There is a light blue 404 in Launceston that was restored by the present owner and I have left a message on his phone asking for the paint code. When he replies I will pass on what ever info he offers.......... Cheers...Wayne

Lido blue was a 1964 Peugeot colour with a reference number AL6598

Mix: 47% Clear 41% White 9% Brilliant Blue 2% Black 1% Yellow Ochre Lightfast Maroon

Source: 1964-65 Peugeot Standard Production Colours - local stamp as O'Connor Motors Hendon

A google search will show images of a 404 in Lido blue.

Lido blue was a 1964 Peugeot colour with a reference number AL6598 … .
The ID plate on a Lido Blue car would likely be stamped as 4319 after the 222, if it is 222 and not something else. It's listed as used in 1963-65, possibly other years also. Local Peugeot and Reno are probably good for reference because it was easy to swap the panels on an ID19. I've been told of this being the case at the time … Customer really likes the blue car but wishes it was red, like the one in the corner with too many miles. Salesman says to come back in a couple of hours and behold the blue car had become a red car. Or rather, another red car meeting the customer's requirements had miraculously 'just been located'!

The ID plate on a Lido Blue car would likely be stamped as 4319 after the 222

Yes, there is a 4319 reference number for Lido blue.

The Peugeot colour code 4981 is Mistral Grey. Reference is AL4902.

Berger Viton Nitrocellulose Lacquer

Mix: 71% White 23% Clear 4% Black 2% Yellow Ochre Brilliant Blue

What we really need is a database of pics of various colour info plates together with a sample pic of the matching body colour.