404 Mystery

BRK 404

Tadpole
Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone knows the history of this beautiful old girl that has come into my life.
Tag number is 7260876.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210923-202130_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210923-202130_Gallery.jpg
    653.4 KB · Views: 154
Familiale looking at the slotted wheels. Would probably have the thermostable brakes, does it have a big brake booster?

Familiale looking at the slotted wheels. Would probably have the thermostable brakes, does it have a big brake booster?
Thanks Graham for sharing your knowledge, the car is still in South Australia hoping to have her home by December. I'm sure that I will have many questions to come.
Thanks Shamus

Greetings All, here's an update of what we now know. Car is at my uncle's place in Adelaide being prepared to truck to Qld. On thejalopy.com website we found a break with chassis # only 19 later than my car and identical in most respects. Other than that my car is not 1.8 engine and strangely my car is generator rather than alternator equipped. Brakes are conventional. Service stickers are from businesses in the Adelaide Hills area. Best part is virtually no rust, tidy interior. Parts are on the way. Thanks for your interest.