404 Headlight Pilot Light

geodon

Fellow Frogger
I'm tidying up a few wiring issues on my 404 ute resto.

It has a headlight warning light "Temoin de Phares" according to the wiring diagram.

It comes on for BOTH low & high beam.

Is that what it's meant to do?

If so, is there no pilot for high beam only? I'm curious if that will be acceptable for a RWC.

I could argue that the position of the stalk on the light switch is enough to indicate high beam.

However, since I want to put in a pilot for low coolant level (505 radiator) I COULD add another as a high beam pilot.

Memory is very vague and something I will need to address in the near future. I am sure that there was only a high beam warning globe and the dash lights indicated that the parking and or low beam was activated.

The original 404 Instruction book (Glove box manual) shows;

instrument cluster.jpg

No 15 - Headlight warning light.

Pin T.Ph. - leading into the dash cluster

schematic.jpg

Schematic ledger - T.Ph. Main beam warning light.

wiring list.jpg

I appreciate that your vehicle is a utility and they had different dash clusters etc. to the sedan, so it could be different.

If you contact the Peugeot Museum - The restoration workshop of l’Aventure Peugeot Museum

philippe.cornebois@mpsa.com

Philippe is very helpful and he sent me large scale PDF formats of the '69 Sedan wiring schematics. Albeit in French. However, they could be scaled up in a photocopier, without losing any clarity. Google translator fixes the language barrier.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dano