403 wagon

Oh, yeah... why isn't this thread in the Peugeot forum?

I'd really like to see some discipline with these threads, Pug topics in the Pug forum, cars for sale in cars for sale, parts for sale not in cars for sale, French car parts for sale not in the Trading Post... etc.

the 403 wagon he had went before Vy left
jack had a 404 wagon for quite a while up till he died
we actually ended up with that one which then became 2L TI powered
went well but would never stop in a hurry
403 sedans had alright brakes
403 wagons didn't stop too well
404 sedans stopped ok
404 wagons didn't stop too well

Ray Bell:

I'd really like to see some discipline with these threads, Pug topics in the Pug forum, cars for sale in cars for sale, parts for sale not in cars for sale, French car parts for sale not in the Trading Post... etc.
You read my mind Ray. I was thinking the same thing when opening this thread. There are many more like it too. Off-topic threads need to be culled as well. Generally, the forum needs perhaps an active and keen member to have sufficient privilages to move threads. That would make a big difference.

Originally posted by pugrambo
<strong>the 403 wagon he had went before Vy left
jack had a 404 wagon for quite a while up till he died
we actually ended up with that one which then became 2L TI powered
went well but would never stop in a hurry
403 sedans had alright brakes
403 wagons didn't stop too well
404 sedans stopped ok
404 wagons didn't stop too well
All the same, the above quote was about the 403.

The brakes can't have been too bad in 404 wagons, they were bigger than the same model Chevs had...

macquered:
Ray Bell:

You read my mind Ray. I was thinking the same thing when opening this thread. There are many more like it too. Off-topic threads need to be culled as well. Generally, the forum needs perhaps an active and keen member to have sufficient privilages to move threads. That would make a big difference.
i agree
it is something that each moderator of each forum topic can do
either that or as macquered has stated a member who is around a lot of the time and who is keen to do it, to have access to moderate all section s to move topics from one spot to where they should be located

My speed on Optus has been capped since the 16th of Sept, so painful to browse. It's clear now, Yay.
I know GB had the same problem.

Moving this topic to Peugeot...

steve V6:
Hey Timmy if Pugrambo changes your mind on the 403 wgn. Let me know I maybe interested in the wgn.
there are another two 403 wagons for sale in QLD as well at the moment
they seem to be coming out of the woodwork

The 403b wagon had a 4.75 diff ratio, this of course matches with the C3 gearbox.
The late 404 sedan diff is 4.2 and will fit the post 1962 wagon axle tubes.
The early diffs, both 4.75 for the B and 6.2? for the overdrive model is of the cast iron variety and is not compatable with the late 404 sedan diff.

Graham Wallis

A 4.75 was undergeared for the 404, would be good for the 403 in standard form with the C3 box.

But with a bit of extra power I'd go for the C2 box with the 4.75.

As the worms are all 4-'teeth' except for the 4.2, the ratios can only be .0, .25, .5 or .75, and there's only .25s and .75s to my knowledge.

Dad had a 403 wagon which was slightly tweaked and would do 100mph. It had the standard engine, but the cam, head, and a few other bits had been worked a little. He said that all the wagons he ever drove were quite quick, even before the head shave and porting.