403 sedan Koni rear shocks

calgooley

Fellow Frogger
I have a pair of Koni rear shocks for my 1961 403B but am wondering how best to set them up. They are adjustable but can anyone explain how this is best achieved? Thanks froggers.

Sent from my SM-T550 using aussiefrogs mobile app

If they are the Red Koni's the rebound rate is the only adjustment. Full anti-clockwise is the factory setting, check this by bottoming the damper in a vise and then pulling up. Half to one turn is normally enough increase in rebound to give the car a slightly more 'solid/stable' feel.
Of course the setting could be the other way around as I haven't dialed in a Koni for 15 plus years!
Koni also had the yellow gas range that increased both rates equally as you wound them up.
Do they still make the 'Classic' range in black, basically the Red in a fixed setting for older cars.
:cheers: Brendan.

Full anticlockwise is almost seized, full clockwise is the factory setting. Adjustment is only to compensate for wear, leave them on full clockwise to begin with. I have a pair of near new ones for 404/403 if anyone is interested. Will be switching to De Carbons on my 404.

Thanks Graham, I had a 50% chance of being wrong and I made it!
Are De Carbons available for both ends of the 504?
:cheers: Brendan.

They were available but that was many years ago. I already have some 404/403 Decarbons taken off a 403 I once had. The 504 de carbon rears were way too soft unless you managed to find the Super Africa ones.

Thanks for the advice fellow froggers. I will set them up as Graham has suggested. In fact I have never found original Peugeot shocks to be at fault, I'm just going to try out the Konis as I have them at hand.

Sent from my SM-T550 using aussiefrogs mobile app