4007 noise front left

Adel 4007

Tadpole
I have odd noise on left front In my Peugeot 4007, but only hear it on acceleration from Stop/low speed, then it seems to go. It goes whoop whoop whoop at about same time spacing as each wheel rotation.
Was thinking CV but there’s no extra noises when hard turning in either direction.
It doesn’t affect the driving in any way, just odd noise and would rather know what it is in case it’s something sinister.
It’s only done 126,500 kms.
Any guesses?

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

It sounds like a wheel bearing - they can make all sorts of sounds, including ones which disappear with speed. You could eliminate the left tyre as a suspect by swapping the tyres around.

Has the car been used recently to ford water up to the bearing level? This sometimes causes a failure.

Thanks, Yeah bearing was also on the list but I had the wheel off the ground on a trolley jack and with car in neutral it spins easy enough and there’s no bad sounds. Obviously I can spin it the same rate as when driving. I will try swapping wheels in case it’s tyre noise but all tyres same age and only 10% worn. It’s been in suburbia the last few years so doubt it’s ever seen harmful water levels

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Sure you don’t have a 50cent piece left hand front tyre sound like a split carcass

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time