$400 Worth of Regularity? // 24th April, SMSP

Bowie

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
So It turns out I'm moving back to Melbourne (Hi Melbourne peeps, I can't wait to come play with you all) and before I do I dam well must enter at least 1x psudo competitive event whilst I continue to work at a freekin race track, so here we are;

24th April
Gardner Circuit / SMSP

This Mob / Guy, (Terry Denovan) is the promoter for MRA (Motor Race Australia) which is a grass roots / no fuss circuit series he takes around the place. How no fuss, well let me draw your attention to the reg's for the Regularity event;

"The regulations for the FoSC Regularity Championship are quite simple, there are no technical regulations on vehicle specifications. However, the event promoter reserves the right to refuse any entry should it not be in the spirit of the category. "

Sounds good to me! And also a green light to continue to cut holes in the Reno..

By the time you hire a timing device your credit card like mine will be down $400 ($370 for the entry, $30 for the timer) so not ~horrible. That buys you a garage to sit and talk crap with your mates, a ~20m practice, and three ~17 min "races" from what I can gather.

Oh, you need either a AASA license or a Motorsport Australia license (if you don't already have one) The Motorsport Australia one sets you back $120, the AASA $100.

I reckon you should you come play too! :)

Last edited:
Hi Bowie, what’s prompted the move back down south. Your partners work?
Pity you’ll have to give up the dream job at SMSP.

Father in law busted another hip. He's getting on a bit so we are conscious we will have to give her mother, my mother in law a hand.

It has been a fun place to work, can recommend if anyone wants a career change.

Last edited:
Ask to pit with John Taylor in the Peugeot 205gti. I will be there as pit crew as well