4 Stud hubs on R17

Um... the point is to get away from 13" wheels - too limited range paying performance prices for rather ordinary tyres
Performance tyres on 13 inch rims.
No probs. I ran 195 40 R13 tyres at the front on standard rims on my Motorkhana car.
It improved grip no end. Speedo was way out, matters not in Motorkhana.
Acceleration was way better in my auto. Change into forward while while going backwards, so exciting.
Tough little box :)
Tyres did not scrap anything because they had a much smaller diameter, tricky hey.

tyre 3.jpg

Just measured the stock 17G ‘Fergat’ rims (13x5.5). Offset is roughly ET50 (eg that sit even further inboard).
Comparing the 'Fergat' with 175/80R13 to Brazilian 195/55R15 increases the scrub radius by more than an inch. Also may have some fender issues:

"The tire will stick out 36 mm farther. Rim will stick out 32 mm farther. Make sure that you have enough room under the fender. If not, consider narrower tires or higher offset"

Maybe I am being ambitious about width - but you wouldn't want to much narrower with 6" rims

Or you could just buy these rims off me and save a whole lot of hassle. They currently run 195 60 r14 tyres
Have a set of four gathering dust in the shed that I used to run on my R17.
They are Ford rims with R16 centres. Purchased from the late Graeme Edwards and powder coated a few years back.
Word of warning though. They did occasionally rub the front left inner guard. But my car (17TS) was running a lowered set up with camber kit as well. They ran fine on Graeme's 17TL.
Cheers...Paul
Or you could just buy these rims off me and save a whole lot of hassle. They currently run 195 60 r14 tyres
Have a set of four gathering dust in the shed that I used to run on my R17.
They are Ford rims with R16 centres. Purchased from the late Graeme Edwards and powder coated a few years back.
Word of warning though. They did occasionally rub the front left inner guard. But my car (17TS) was running a lowered set up with camber kit as well. They ran fine on Graeme's 17TL.
Cheers...Paul
Sorry to jump in Fireblade ,the offer was made to you . But would these wheels fit an R10 or R12

Sorry to jump in Fireblade ,the offer was made to you . But would these wheels fit an R10 or R12
I think the offer was of a more general nature - so all good :) I believe rims fit either RER R8/10's or FWD R12/15/16/17 due to differing offset requirements, not just clearance issues. I will politely decline the 14 inch rims - I feel tyre sizes in 14" are still too restrictive and looking to go to a suitable 15" option.

Just a quick hijack of this thread :) What is the offset on standard R8/Gordini rim's?

Just a quick hijack of this thread :) What is the offset on standard R8/Gordini rim's?
I'd like to know that as well! I have some R10 rims - I'll see if I can get some sort of an estimate from them. My understanding is that clearance is all you need to worry about on the rear - you just get more or less track and ride height depending on your choices. But fronts are more troublesome - there is in interaction between tyre size and offset that affects scrub radius - and this can introduce unwanted effects on your handling.

Hi Mate. Not 100% sure. If I was to guess I'd say yes to the R12 and no to the R10 though.
Cheers...Paul

I think the offer was of a more general nature - so all good :) I believe rims fit either RER R8/10's or FWD R12/15/16/17 due to differing offset requirements, not just clearance issues. I will politely decline the 14 inch rims - I feel tyre sizes in 14" are still too restrictive and looking to go to a suitable 15" option.
No probs mate. Keep in mind 15" rims on an R17 are going to be a bastard to turn on non power steering cars. The 14's are bad enough. Great on the open road though.
Cheers...Paul

No probs mate. Keep in mind 15" rims on an R17 are going to be a bastard to turn on non power steering cars. The 14's are bad enough. Great on the open road though.
Cheers...Paul
Not that my non power steer Fuego is the same as an R17, but similar size, weight and suspension arrangement. I am running 15 x 7 with 35 offset using 195/50/15 Bridgestone RE003 tyres. There is some weight in the steering, but my wife has no problem. Clearance is OK and the tyres don't go outside the guards. Many years ago I ran 13 x 6 rims on my R15 with 205/60/13, no rubbing, but now I would try to use the same as I have on the Fuego.

Go wide and include a Clio EPAS system and adjustable assistance. Max assistance for low speed parking and then dial it down when on the open road.

Reactions: COL
Go wide and include a Clio EPAS system and adjustable assistance. Max assistance for low speed parking and then dial it down when on the open road.
I was thinking about Yaris conversion but tell me about the Clio EPAS?!?

Offset and on a standard R10 rim is 12-14mm, ie ET13. @Jensen how did you go with your Brazilian rims, shipping info?

To echo Sunroof, why?
ok Fireblade, I now note post 45 & see that a move to 15" for tyre choice is the motivation. So, what tyre sizes are you thinking of & what tyre types in those sizes attract you.

It seems to me that getting that conceptualised is prior to fussing about wheel options.

On wheels: although expensive, Image Wheels in the UK will make 3stud 150 mm PCD 3 piece wheels in 15" in almost any width & offset you wish.