4 Stud hubs on R17

Fireblade if the objective is to increase availability of rims to get modern tyres how about these I stumbled across…

D_NQ_NP_961868-MLB43911711866_102020-O.jpg

15x6, 8kg ET24. I reckon with black Renault centre caps and blacking out the surrounds of the cut outs they would suit a 12/17.
@Jensen I like this option a lot! I agree, the look is very in keeping with period. I googled "SOM & RODAS" to get a Brazilian accessory store - is that where these come from?

Getting

Getting them to Australia would be interesting. And although I am quite confident about buying stuff from ...say... France, or Germany... I'm wondering if I'd be sending my money down a Brazilian black hole
They look like a reputable supplier (based on website, presence on social media channels etc) but always a risk I suppose. I've sent an email seeking a shipping quote.

I had a set of liners delivered from Beirut a few weeks ago. Turned up on the door via DHL in under a week from placing the order.

Getting

Getting them to Australia would be interesting. And although I am quite confident about buying stuff from ...say... France, or Germany... I'm wondering if I'd be sending my money down a Brazilian black hole
If your worried about protection use your credit card, the bank is taking the risk.

Last edited:
You can get some 5 stud 13 inch SAAS wheels for $45

No issue at all

Attachments

• trims.jpg
    trims.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 99
I not long ago included 3 stud 15 inch mags in the sale of my 17TS. The only way they would fit in the guards was if 50mm tyres were fitted. They wouldn't fit my R12 at all with 50mm tyres. I also thought acceleration suffered some what. It has to do with the innerguards at the front if my memory serves me right.

There's a great calculator that lets you play with settings and measurements and outputs results and recommendation regarding the change. For Example:

wheel size calculator

1633436285159.png

Last edited:
Measured the offset of my 13x5.5 BWA Milano rims and they are ET32. So in terms of clearance on the inner side, there would be little difference with the Brazilian rims given the lower offset.

That doesn't sound right, but am not sure what you mean by 50mm tyres?

Was the offset correct (same as 13inch wheels)?
Sorry cannot measure them now and I am not sure what they were but they were built by Neale Wheels for R17G's apparently. I think tyres were 175 X 50 X 15 inch.

Measured the offset of my 13x5.5 BWA Milano rims and they are ET32. So in terms of clearance on the inner side, there would be little difference with the Brazilian rims given the lower offset.
I plugged the numbers in to the calculator, and you're right, there are no clearance issues. However it will give you a slightly positive scrub radius - which will make the steering a little heavier. It would be interesting to see what the standard Renault rim offset is - then we would have a baseline to work from.

Nah just do it, wide tyres are cool :D

Or you could just buy these rims off me and save a whole lot of hassle. They currently run 195 60 r14 tyres
Have a set of four gathering dust in the shed that I used to run on my R17.
They are Ford rims with R16 centres. Purchased from the late Graeme Edwards and powder coated a few years back.
Word of warning though. They did occasionally rub the front left inner guard. But my car (17TS) was running a lowered set up with camber kit as well. They ran fine on Graeme's 17TL.
Cheers...Paul

Attachments

• IMG_3353.jpg
    IMG_3353.jpg
    590.1 KB · Views: 93
Just measured the stock 17G ‘Fergat’ rims (13x5.5). Offset is roughly ET50 (eg that sit even further inboard).