308hdi fuel cap sensor fault P2408

Will NZ

Tadpole
Tadpole
Have just bought a 308 2.0 HDi, ran a diagbox scan on it and found the above sensor fault which also is triggering a dpf fault. This concerns me as I know from other models that this lack of detection of the cap can prevent the dpf injection system from injecting the fluid into the fuel tank.

I checked under the fender liner and behind the boot liner and found no trace of the sensor/wiring etc. I would have expected to find like from other models (307, 407 etc) I have owned.

All searching on the web for this fault on 308 hdi's found nothing and checking SEDRE wiring diagrams also no circuit for this cap detection... all attempts to clear the fault unsuccessful and cant find any method in Diagbox to change car configuration to not have cap detection.

Am I missing something?

Ok, with help from the french car forum, I confirmed that this car was not fitted with the necessary bits. I have a parts 1.6HDi 308 which had the bits, fitted them and code gone. No idea why they were not fitted and how the car has gone for so long with the dpf injection system faulty.

Really weird! Well done on working it out!