308 T9 suspension rattle after hitting a pothole

mrpea

Tadpole
Tadpole
would anyone know the likely culprit of a suspension rattle in my front left after hitting a pot hole?
I had a look on the FEBEST website and noted that there is 2x parts which could have broken..

i initially thought it was the mount as below,
but it may be the bearing

any feedback would be greatly appreciated..

Try to locate the noise.

The top of each strut sits in a mount with a ball bearing. The bearings often fail from entry of road grit. That noise will come from the level of the mid-dashboard. It's a strut out job.

Lower down a rattle at each tiny road irregularity might be a roll bar drop link. These are a trivial fix.

Heavy knocks right down involve the control arm and the fitted bushings, or the ball joint connecting to it. I think this is least likely, and it's the most difficult job.

Try to locate the noise.

The top of each strut sits in a mount with a ball bearing. The bearings often fail from entry of road grit. That noise will come from the level of the mid-dashboard. It's a strut out job.

Lower down a rattle at each tiny road irregularity might be a roll bar drop link. These are a trivial fix.

Heavy knocks right down involve the control arm and the fitted bushings, or the ball joint connecting to it. I think this is least likely, and it's the most difficult job.
I'll be heading down to the mechanic on Monday for a timing belt, and we will have a look at the area to see whats what..

Just an FYI, spoke to the guys at EAI and they carry both of those as the same kit as a pair for ~180ish.. bit cheaper than getting febest units individually if you need both sides.