308 T9 adblue unit price shock

Yeah unfortunately that may be the smart move. I freaking love the car though (or at least I did till that urea warning came on).
Meh, its a stinky cancerous diesel pos - should get rid of it anyway ;)

And of course we all know petrol is healthy

each to their own but you can't beat the mileage
sons 20+ year old 406 returns 4.4l/100

anyway once the tank is replaced at their cost it should be good for the rest of the cars life

Ours does less than 6l/100k carrying 4 of us around with a 600l boot that's bigger than most SUVs. And when the AdBlue tank is working, Euro 6 emissions standards means it oughta be emitting less pollutants than those same inefficient SUVs. Plus, it's a great drive on the highway.

But $4.5k is a big bill to fix what sounds like a software bug.

once they are out of warranty, can you get a module to plug into the harness to trick the computer into thinking there is an adblue pump there? That would certainly be my preference. Surely the car will still run fine without the urea being added.

I have noticed the 407 has started to stink lately ... and blow black smoke on cold starts for maybe 15seconds. I"m assuming whatever filters there are fitted to the exhaust have reached the end of there service life. I'll get right to replacing them ( as soon as the magical cash tree in our backyard is flowering again ).

Just ignore the nonsense one single member on this forum posts about diesels :)

You have plenty of outdoor space and a Diagbox. It might be time to forced regenerate it.

You have plenty of outdoor space and a Diagbox. It might be time to forced regenerate it.

If its not broken, why fix it ? :) It is entirely possible the car has always done this and I have never noticed........ Don't worry, the boss women sure does blow the cobwebs out whenever she drives it. I'm sure it get plenty warm enough to regenerate as required..... :party:

If its not broken, why fix it ? :) It is entirely possible the car has always done this and I have never noticed........ Don't worry, the boss women sure does blow the cobwebs out whenever she drives it. I'm sure it get plenty warm enough to regenerate as required..... :party:

I've no doubt your wife gets the engine hot enough, but does she travel far enough? A quick Google suggests it could take from 45 mins to 2 hours to complete the regen.

Go on - you know you want to do it (the forced regen). It'll be fun! (Hint: don't wait until you've got dry grass everywhere - do it now while things are damp and green).

PS - the black smoke on cold starts could be glow-plug related (although I'm aware that we are officially in late Spring, and that HDis don't really need glow plugs unless it's really cold). Actually, just remembered - glow plugs may be used in the regeneration (to make sure things get hot enough) - so 2 reasons to check the glow plugs & the relay.

Good news, after some further back and forth, they've agreed to cover the full cost. IMO Peugeot Australia really ought to make that the default position for this clear failure of design / manufacture, but I can't complain about the end result.

Good news, after some further back and forth, they've agreed to cover the full cost. IMO Peugeot Australia really ought to make that the default position for this clear failure of design / manufacture, but I can't complain about the end result.
Good they have agreed to follow the law

once they are out of warranty, can you get a module to plug into the harness to trick the computer into thinking there is an adblue pump there? That would certainly be my preference. Surely the car will still run fine without the urea being added.
...snip....
Yep - quite a few sites on the interweb advertising the product / service. I'd love to hear from someone who's had it done to a PSA diesel....

Cheers

Justin

I have noticed the 407 has started to stink lately ... and blow black smoke on cold starts for maybe 15seconds. I"m assuming whatever filters there are fitted to the exhaust have reached the end of there service life. I'll get right to replacing them ( as soon as the magical cash tree in our backyard is flowering again ).

Just ignore the nonsense one single member on this forum posts about diesels :)
You mean the WHO?

Yep - quite a few sites on the interweb advertising the product / service. I'd love to hear from someone who's had it done to a PSA diesel....

Cheers

Justin
So would the EPA ;)

Cheers

Justin
I'd be the first to try. The money being discussed here is just insane.

It looks like a lot of the diesels were having issues iwth these emmision systems. Surely not toyota though? Those things are unbreakable right ?

Is this a satire website? WHy isn't this all over the news ?? (let me guess, toyota advertise through all the mainstream media)

Ahoy Froggies!
Unfortunately this first post is one very similar to the ones above.
I have a MY2015 308GT HDI, with 97400km on the clock. I bought it new and I believe my Pug was the first 308GT Diesel in South AustralIa. I was initially sold on the ad campaign stating that Peugeot conducted 2million km of testing on this new design, after the fault ridden generation prior to this. You know…to claw back some market acceptance again.
Obviously she’s out of warranty time-wise, but hopefully since I’m under the 100k warranty, some movement toward a replacement urea tank is on the cards. As of Monday 16th Jan, I have received an email in response to my web enquiry regarding a replacement tank.
As with @Robey I’m also forced to deal with Jarvis as the main dealer in SA, but my current service agent, Charles St Auto, Unley, has guided me through this ulcer-inducing process. I’ve decided to give the exchange between PSA and Jarvis until next week before I follow up.
Now, further to all this, I have noticed from my research there are some Pugs that show a Urea fault display (like mine) and some have an Adblue fault message. I though that Adblue is a proprietary name for synthetic urea solution? One and the same?

Anyhoo, I’m a-hopin’ and a-dreamin’ that Peugeot finally bites the bullet and puts out a recall campaign to address this very serious matter. Their brand longevity in Australia and the wider world is at stake.

Our 308 GT HDI also had a urea problem inside 70,000kms and 7 years but out of warranty.

The Peugeot dealer who last serviced it said they couldn't even look at it for at least 8 weeks so found another Pug dealer who could within 2 weeks. Upon delivery they were all care zero but responsibility saying their is no published service bulletin or recall and Peugeot wouldn't cover anything. They just wanted to sell us the parts and labour to fix plus $300 to do a fault diagnostic. Understand its in their interests to do it that way because they make retail margins on both parts and labour as opposed to whatever their approved warranty rates are with Peugeot

After a couple of calls to various people at the dealer and Peugeot's "Care" line, pointing out the many and varied online reports of the urea system issues and Peugeot's extended warranty/repairs on them globally, without any progress I found Kate Gillis' details online and sent her a message outlining the situation. Things moved more quickly after she got involved but in all reality not much quicker.

Fortunately for us the failure wasn't the adblue tank/pump but faulty urea injector in the DPF that had jammed open. It was fixed within a week but then took another 2 weeks for Peugeot and the dealership to sort out paperwork for the goodwill claim Peugeot wanted to review but was still ultimately rejected by Peugeot !!! The car had sat for 2 weeks at the dealer repaired but not usable for us as they faffed about with paperwork and process.

We went and paid the bill collected the car and I sent Kate a note stating my disappointment not so much the fact they had denied the goodwill claim but the poor way that both the dealer and Peugeot managed communications and timelines with us and the impact it was having on their brand even for long term and loyal customers like us - zero response and communication from Kate stopped at that point.

Worth noting I had to call both parties daily to ask what was happening and to get them to talk to each other as nothing was happening if I didn't.

Sorry if this doesn't fill you with confidence @MarcM but my advice is to escalate quickly, kick scream and cite Australian consumer laws etc with the hope they do better for you

Sorry for my ignorance, but who is Kate Gillis?

Edit: pls disregard, found her. MD Peugeot Citroen Australia