308 T7 wagon rear indicators and parking sensor

qvik

Fellow Frogger
Hi there

The indicators on my T7 308 wagon are rapid blinking suggesting an earth fault.

I understand this is a common issue. I disassembled the LH rear light and found water ingress and corrosion on the outer rail in the globe carrier. I replaced it with a good carrier and sealed the lens. I checked the pins in the plug and they're good and clean. I also checked the RH rear to be sure, and it was all good too. I am still getting rapid blink. It starts with one good blink, then commences rapid blink and logs the fault. I tried putting a good earth on the outer rail but it made no difference. Interestingly, hazards blink at the correct speed.

At the same time, the rear parking sensors have stopped working. To the point that it is now missing as a setting on the menu. However, front sensors are still working.

Has anyone encountered this and is it possible the issues are related?

Cheers

Vik

Check you haven't turned off the rear sensors via the button above the radio??

Rapid indicator I found the plug to socket pins had melted and misaligned on the RHS tail light.

I might have a spare tail light base and loom connector if required.

Check you haven't turned off the rear sensors via the button above the radio??

Rapid indicator I found the plug to socket pins had melted and misaligned on the RHS tail light.

I might have a spare tail light base and loom connector if required.

Yeah I checked the button.. I checked it again just now; definitely not that.

Earth pin is in tact. I checked it again, and Hayden of Pugwreck confirmed it when he had a look

So I managed to solve this.

It turns out there is a microswitch in the plug of the oem tow package. This switches the rear parking sensors off. This switch can also get dirty and stick. If it sticks on, then it also registers no resistance from the trailer lights (because they're not there) and causes the indicators to rapid flash.

Some WD40 and a small screwdriver to flick the switch a few times and it was fixed.

Attachments

• sketch-1679031522853.jpg
    sketch-1679031522853.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 51